Austrian Navy Saab J29

Started by loupgarou, June 01, 2016, 12:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

As it's now june first, here my first proposed build. I had only cut the wings for folding, and it was accepted by the highest authorities.  ;D
To prove the actual the state of the kit, I am posting the parts in front of today's newspaper, like in the good ol' days when I used to kidnap politicians.  ;D :wacko:
After all my efforts, I hope that the date is readable... :rolleyes:

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

haha...too funny ! Neat idea as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

comrade harps

Must admit that I never thought of a naval J29. I imagine something like a FJ Fury.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

NARSES2

Austrian Navy ? Now that would fit into my "No WW I" scenario where the Austro-Hungarian Empire keeps on going  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I'm sure they had carriers sailing down the Danube at some stage..............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

You might laugh, but Austria actually HAD a navy (kind of)! Until 2006 the Bundesheer operated fast boats for border patrol on the Danube, the last to be operated was the "Niederösterreich".

Originally nine(!) were to be procured, but budgetary restraints limited the fleet to two ships, AFAIK.

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 01, 2016, 07:13:53 AM
Austrian Navy ? Now that would fit into my "No WW I" scenario where the Austro-Hungarian Empire keeps on going  ;D

Well, that was my idea, but I wasn't able to work on the kit. It would also have fitted in the cold war GB, but I had no time, ...I wonder if I'll be able to do a kit for this GB. :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 01, 2016, 07:21:28 AM
I'm sure they had carriers sailing down the Danube at some stage..............  ;)

Aaargh! You discovered my secret and devious plan!  :banghead:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on June 01, 2016, 07:58:45 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 01, 2016, 07:21:28 AM
I'm sure they had carriers sailing down the Danube at some stage..............  ;)

Aaargh! You discovered my secret and devious plan!  :banghead:

It's a BIG river, lots of room for quite a few carriers.  ;)

Mind you, some of the bridges are a tad low...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 01, 2016, 08:42:39 AM

Strap all of the aeroplanes on deck at full power and see if you can fly over the bridge ?

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 09, 2016, 05:32:38 AM

Strap all of the aeroplanes on deck at full power and see if you can fly over the bridge ?

Reminds me of a tale about an RN carrier that got round a shortage of tugs at some harbour or another, and which got itself to its correct berth by using the prop-wash of its embarked air group to sail sideways into position.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2016, 11:24:52 AM

Reminds me of a tale about an RN carrier that got round a shortage of tugs at some harbour or another, and which got itself to its correct berth by using the prop-wash of its embarked air group to sail sideways into position.  ;D

Apparently that was fairly common practice at one time, not particularly popular with the aircraft mechanics as it wore the engines out

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TallEng

Quote from: Gondor on June 09, 2016, 02:53:08 PM

Apparently that was fairly common practice at one time, not particularly popular with the aircraft mechanics as it wore the engines out

Gondor

known as "Pinwheeling" (check out operation pinwheel on your favorite search machine)
Mostly by piston engined aircraft, for use in confined harbour or when no tugs where available to help manouver your Carrier.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

loupgarou

Even less popular with pilots, I suppose.
I remember a movie on the Korean war with a quarrel between air wing commander and the captain about that practice.

Gondor

NARSES2

Gondor

There's a Korean War film (movie for our US cousins) where one of the ship's officers uses the Corsairs for that very purpose and the Air Group C.O. puts in an official complaint for that very reason  ;D I think it's The Bridges of Toko Ri ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.