Fnord Galactic Skyliner Hover Car - Finished pics page 4

Started by zenrat, June 01, 2016, 03:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Busy ! The engines sound good. 10 bucks sounds cheap !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

They'll be a pig to mount as they are not on pylons (I really wanted a cheap 1/48 Viking but couldn't even find a not cheap one in the swap & sell) but I think they will go well with the 50's styling of the car body.
They're all together now but will need carefull PSR to fill the gaps without losing the panel detail.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

These just in.
Photos smuggled out of zenrat industries secret skunkworks (buried deep under Stately Zen Mansions on the dank Northern slopes of Mount Martha) show Hover Car engines to be mounted onto a large tail fin.
Rumour has it they will be mounted higher up the tail to prevent ingesting passengers hats.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kerick

Be careful going under a bridge!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2016, 02:03:14 AM

Photos smuggled out of zenrat industries secret skunkworks (buried deep under Stately Zen Mansions on the dank Northern slopes of Mount Martha) show Hover Car engines to be mounted onto a large tail fin.
Rumour has it they will be mounted higher up the tail to prevent ingesting passengers hats.

At least hats can be removed.  I'd be more concerned about toupees of high rank  choking an engine
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on June 27, 2016, 10:52:38 AM
Be careful going under a bridge!

The United Earth Navy sneers at your bridges...

Quote from: Rheged on June 27, 2016, 11:29:25 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2016, 02:03:14 AM

At least hats can be removed.  I'd be more concerned about toupees of high rank  choking an engine

Yes.  Rear Admiral Trump has to wear a headscarf when riding in back.

Fred

zenrat

Coming along.
Got the engines mounted onto the tail and the seats fitted to the interior.
I have also started on the figures.

I found out today that i've run out of bendy straws so will need to get more to complete this.
Fred

zenrat

Bought more bendy straws today.

I also made the required adjustments to the driver so he fits behind the wheel properly and scratched up an air inlet for the bonnet.

Fred

zenrat

This is ticking along slowly.
I've been painting the interior and the figures and have got the Anti-Grav tubes ready for paint.
Once i've finished painting the dash and door panels I can mask them and spray the body.
Printed the decals today.
Fred

zenrat

This has been slowly ticking along.
Here is Rear Admiral Lucy Lastic and her driver/bodyguard Captain Johansson.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

sandiego89

Quite a uniform for the Admiral!   ;)
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Old Wombat

The Captain (yes, I get the pun in his name) seems to be taking liberties wa-ay above his pay-grade!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I follow the Star Trek:The Next Generation school of uniform design.
Particularly Deanna Troi's

And Captain Johansson is very, very close protection...

The figures are those that come with the car kit.  I have just modified their clothing slightly with my exacto knife.

Fred