Bansheeeeeeeeeeeeee! - Finished pics page 4

Started by zenrat, June 09, 2016, 01:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I've pulled one of my Banshees out of the stash.  This ones a Hobby Craft F2H-3.

Decals are cactus (box has been in a flood by the look of it) and I have no Canadian ones in the big folder so it was  going to have be whiffed anyway.
I've got enough PSR on my plate ATM so this'll be a paint and maybe weapons whiff.  Not sure on the paint job yet but current thinking is FAA with Operation Musketeer stripes.
glued the cockpit together today plus put the splitters onto the fuselage halves and assembled the coney pointy bits that go in the exhausts.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Maybe the Netherlands' Navy as another option?

zenrat

Or RAN of course.
Maybe from HMAS Melbourne, the only British Commonwealth naval vessel to sink two friendly warships in peacetime collisions.

This scheme I like.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Simple kit but she builds up nice ! Always been a fan of the Banshee, seeing all of those pics of her in the RCN, especially aboard the Bonnie. Suez stripes will look great on her !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2016, 04:26:30 AM
Or RAN of course.
Maybe from HMAS Melbourne, the only British Commonwealth naval vessel to sink two friendly warships in peacetime collisions.

Yeah, well, if bloody destroyers would have stopped playing chicken with her, & done as instructed, there wouldn't have been any. :banghead:

Poor ol' girl gets a bad rep for events that she had little, if any, chance of avoiding. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Army of One

Zenrat......what decals would you like for the kit...?  I can have a delve into my decal bank n see what i have...willing to post if i have what you need.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 09, 2016, 05:44:43 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2016, 04:26:30 AM
Or RAN of course.

Yeah, well, if bloody destroyers would have stopped playing chicken with her, & done as instructed, there wouldn't have been any. :banghead:

Poor ol' girl gets a bad rep for events that she had little, if any, chance of avoiding. :rolleyes:

I think it was something to be proud of.  Don't mess with the Melbourne, those who do, sink.
I was reading up about her last night.  I didn't realise that when sold to the Chinese she still had her arrestor gear and mirror landing system in place which may have given them an advantage when designing their own carrier.

Quote from: Army of One on June 09, 2016, 08:21:04 AM
Zenrat......what decals would you like for the kit...?  I can have a delve into my decal bank n see what i have...willing to post if i have what you need.....H

Having put that Fury up as my desktop picture i've fallen in love with the paintjob so i'll be needing Aussie roundels with the roo in the middle.  Ironically I don't have any.
So, if you have some in 1/72 to spare I would be very grateful.  However, I am sure someone at the Australian Model Expo this weekend will sell me some.
Fred

Old Wombat

Oddly, I don't have any Aussie roundels, either (early WW2 or modern). :blink:

Nor do I have any decent generic lettering. :o

I really must extract the digit & order some, as my builds are in progress. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I picked up some RAAF kangaroundels on Monday.
A bit more progress on this today.  I have blocked off the gun ports inside the fuselage halves to prevent "see through", primed the cockpit, glued the wing halves together and the tip tanks together.
Some fit issues with the wing halves outboard of the inlets.
Fred

KiwiZac

RAN fixed-wing is always good. Looking forward to this one Fred!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Me too.  I picked up an Airfix Sea Hawk on Monday and was they are similar in shape I am thinking of building them as siblings.
Fred

kerick

That would be interesting to see
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

It's all in one lump now.
What a great shape.
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Seeing this top view I wonder how Gloster Meteor wings would look on the Banjo?

zenrat

Or Thunderchief inlets.

The inlets are actually the worst fitting part of the kit so far.  I couldn't get the wing halves to meet on the outboard side of them and the shape was too slopey for my clamps or clothes pegs to force them together.
Wings are a very good fit to the fuselage - I attached them before glueing the two halves together.
So far i'm impressed with the kit.

Fred