DONE +++ Thai Navy Canadair SeaGuard (Maritime patrol Vickers Vanguard) @p.5

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 09, 2016, 01:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Wings and stabilizers mounted to the fuselage. More fighting!  :-\

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 16, 2016, 11:36:53 PM

The MAD boom has also been added preliminarily, scratched from the very thick sprues of the Airfix Vanguard kit.

'Waste not, want not' as my Nanna used to say, often!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

"Improvisation is the mother of invention", or something similar...  ;)

Putty helps, too!  :rolleyes:

JayBee

Dizzy take your time with it. Do not fight it. It will all come good in the end.
Heck I only took ten years to finish mine.  :blink:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kerick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 17, 2016, 12:40:04 PM
"Improvisation is the mother of invention", or something similar...  ;)

Putty helps, too!  :rolleyes:

Laziness is the father......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: JayBee on June 17, 2016, 01:04:32 PM
Dizzy take your time with it. Do not fight it. It will all come good in the end.
Heck I only took ten years to finish mine.  :blink:

Jim

Then it shall take ten days for me...  ;D

So far, things move on slowly - this morning the Seaguard stood on its landing gear struts for the first time, and I found that I have to adjust the stance because the nose (with a new front gear well) rests a bit low on the ground. Looks like an aircraft, though, but not like a Vanguard anymore... "Stingray" would be another good name for it.  :party:

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 18, 2016, 12:50:55 AM
"Stingray" would be another good name for it.  :party:

Does that mean its colour scheme is going to be similar to the Gerry Anderson W.A.S.P. force machine?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

It will be rather decorative than with cammo intent - but the "Stingray" tag rather comes from new shapes.

BTW, did I mention that I fight with this shabby Airfix kit? I tried to insert the windscreen into the respective fuselage opening, and none of the three known spacial dimensions fits. It's horrible, I even considered fairing the whole thing over and paint some cockpit windows onto the front...  :-X

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 20, 2016, 08:21:43 AM

BTW, did I mention that I fight with this shabby Airfix kit? I tried to insert the windscreen into the respective fuselage opening, and none of the three known spacial dimensions fits. It's horrible, I even considered fairing the whole thing over and paint some cockpit windows onto the front...  :-X

And why not?

I may have some Vanguard decal windscreens and windows if you'd like some?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

I note, Dizzy that this is one of your first threads which has no pictures in it.   We need pictures!   Where are they?  Mmmm?   ;D ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

That's because this is one form of Dizzy stealth build. ;D

The other sort is where you don't even know he's building anything & the complete build & finished product suddenly appear out of nowhere. :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

;D That's marketing, lack of information keeps the crowd guessing... Anyway, I document the build with pics but do not upload/post them at the moment.

BTW, I somehow managed to get the windscreen into the kit. Had to insert a 2mm styrene plug on one side of the screen, everything's not really pretty. But I keep on fighting with the thing, now I want results.

Dizzyfugu

Building more or less finished (added some more antennae for a purposeful look  :rolleyes:), but desaster struck immediately again when I tried to paint parts of the fuselage with rattle can enamals. Somehow, two paints reacted with each other, for a less than satisfactory finish. At least, no crackles in the lower layer, I will try to save what's there with sand paper and some dry painting. Hopefully.  :-\

Sometimes, a project seems to be cursed. Wonder who's handling the voodoo puppet...  :unsure:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Ouch. That sucks. This thing should have been done 4 days ago lol

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?