Started by Dizzyfugu, June 09, 2016, 01:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on June 24, 2016, 01:58:56 PM

No doubt pun intended ;D

I May have  :rolleyes:  ;D  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Totally agree. But things MAY change dramatically with some paint...  :rolleyes:  ;D

Here's a rather unsharp look at the slightly chrashed rattle can paint job on the dorsal fuselage - It's to be white, but I went for a very light grey (RAL 7047, Telegrau) and added a "spine" in an off-white for a faded look. Both paints reacted with each other, though, and the finish ended up mottled and spotty (cannot be told in the pic). Anyway, I let the mess dry and wet-sanded a little, and the effect slightly wore off, and later I brush-shaded panels with white so that the most messy areas disappeared...

The Canadair SeaGuard (a maritime patrol Vickers Vanguard) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

From this basis, the rest was painted with brushes and lots of masking tape, as well as decal sheet (later, pls. stay tuned for more):

The Canadair SeaGuard (a maritime patrol Vickers Vanguard) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Not very Soviet/Russian anymore, I think?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Noooooo....  ;D With further details, it becomes more obvious (I think?), and British Airways also did not enter the maritime patrol business  ;):

The orange markings on wings (there primed with orange paint, though) and fuselage as well as the silver leading edges were all created with decal sheet material. A tidy and very convenient solution!

TallEng

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 25, 2016, 04:56:50 AM
RAN? :blink:

I'm torn between Canada because it reminds of the scheme applied to the ASR Lancasters,
although not exactly, and my first thought before the orange? bands was Japan..
I'll wait for the master to suprise us :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

kitnut617

Quote from: TallEng on June 25, 2016, 02:32:28 PM

I'm torn between Canada because it reminds of the scheme applied to the ASR Lancasters,
although not exactly, and my first thought before the orange? bands was Japan..

Regards
Keith

Not Canadian Keith, none of their maritime aircraft ever had blue wings and fuselage. The orange band is reminiscent of it although the wing tips were 9-2 Red
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

I'd suggest US Navy or Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

None of the aforemenioned. I thought it was more obvious?

JayBee

HA! The totally fictional Free Scottish Air Farce.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

JayBee

Spain, or South Africa.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet