Smiling F-32 1/72 Italeri

Started by wacek85, June 10, 2016, 07:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

X-32 was finished!

It's a Italeri set in Tamiya box in 1/72.
Painted mainly with Tamiya paints and weathered with Tamiya paneliners and pigments. Decals are mix from spare box: F-14, X-32,Mi-24 & Mig-23 :)
That's how hypothetical, smiling, visible on photos F-32 was created :)

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

That really accentuates the intake ! Great job on the weathering.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Even a big sharkmouth can't improve that awful shape, but you did great work on the model nonetheless.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 10, 2016, 10:25:28 AM
Even a big sharkmouth can't improve that awful shape, but you did great work on the model nonetheless.  :thumbsup: :bow:

It has to be one of the ugliest aircraft ever, I'm really glad it didn't get picked.  On the other hand, I can understand that to feed a 43,000 lb thrust engine, the intake has to be pretty big and with the type of insides the intake had, pretty much dictated what it would end up as.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PantherG

zenrat

If The Joker had an airforce...

Lovely.  IMO the grin does improve it's looks slightly.

FtF
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2016, 04:02:36 PM
If The Joker had an airforce...

Almost spit Mountain Dew on my laptop!

Wacek85
That is top notch work!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

nighthunter

As a denizen of the Pacific Northwest of the US, I am a fan of Boeing. I have always thought that the Boeing design team had been told that Lockheed was getting the contract no matter what they did, so they came up with this design as a complete Joke on the DoD for screwing them.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Fantastic work. Reminds me of Dick Dastardly's sidekick ; Mutley  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Alvis 3.14159

Fantastically funny and really really well done too!

Alvis Pi

Paper Kosmonaut

I am such a non-fan of the F-35 that this very ugly Fiat Multipla of jet aircraft actually starts to grow on me. Perhaps of its undeniable ugliness opposite the just chubby and uninspiring shape of the F-35 Pork Chop.
I really like the big grin is has gotten now. This would have been made obligatory on each F-32 if it would have been made the winner of the competition. Good idea and nice job!
dei t dut mout t waiten!

flappydaffy

kerick

If this aircraft had actually gone into service this would have happened asap. It looks perfect!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise