Eduard 1/72nd Spitfire mks VIII, IX and XVI

Started by The Wooksta!, June 12, 2016, 06:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on June 21, 2016, 12:14:35 AM
Could it be suggested that he is fixated on one aircraft?   ;D ;D

You could on here, but never, EVER when face to face anywhere. That would be playing with fire.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

No, I do buy other aircraft from time to time - the last one was (I think) a resin kit of some pre war German light tourer to be done as a post war RAF communications aircraft.  Actually, no.  It was a Polish reboxing with different decal options (actually one extra) of the old Heller Tempest.  I do have the new Airfix Firedog Beaufighter on order.

I'd have to go through my stash additions.  There's a few oddities in there, not just Spitfires.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Some numpty on Britmodeller is claiming that the kit's dimensions are out - it's actually 1/70.8th scale, not 72nd.  If so, it's defnitely the best Spitfire in that scale!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 22, 2016, 03:23:10 PM
Some numpty on Britmodeller is claiming that the kit's dimensions are out - it's actually 1/70.8th scale, not 72nd.  If so, it's defnitely the best Spitfire in that scale!

There's always some 'expert' who does that. Crazy.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Love it. You guys are always good for a laugh !  :wub:

Firedog eh ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 22, 2016, 04:20:48 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 22, 2016, 03:23:10 PM

There's always some 'expert' who does that. Crazy.

That's not what the poster said, all he related was that according to a preview on a Czech site (and he admitted his understanding of Czech is poor)
the kit measures out at 1/70.8, the poster on Britmodeller made no claim to be an expert on anything.

The preview in question (with machine translation of relevant data):
http://www.modelarovo.cz/spitfire-mk-ixc-172eduard-profipack-ocekavaniradost-nebo-zmar/

Dimensions span lengths and with Spitfire IX later version are:

1/1: span ... 11,227 meters, 9,563 meters length ...

1/72: range ... 15.59 cm, 13.28 cm length ...

Eduard Model: span ... 15.80 cm, 13.48 cm length ...

The resulting scale after the conversion of this model is thus 1 / 70,8.Změřené differences 2mm in length and margins are tolerable models in scale 1 / 48.U model 1/72, it is debatable .SE current technologies should not be a problem to produce a model exactly měřítku.Mnoho other manufacturers that důkazem.Je on each modeler, whether this odchlylku of scale are willing to accept.

king of men

>>>whether this odchlylku of scale are willing to accept.<<<

Well, I have to admit it is well within my odchlylku of scale....  ;)
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

NARSES2

Quote from: king of men on June 22, 2016, 09:15:46 PM
>>>whether this odchlylku of scale are willing to accept.<<<

Well, I have to admit it is well within my odchlylku of scale....  ;)

And mine, whatever it means  :rolleyes: I will be getting one when I see it anyway

I'd be very surprised if Eduard got it wrong after all the hassle over the Me 109 in 1/48 which they held their hands up over and re-tooled. Still stranger things have happened.

I must admit seeing a Spitfire's dimensions in metric makes you wonder if that's where some of the problem lies as she would have been drawn and built in Imperial.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Further evidence that the Czechs are really out to both bankrupt me and ensure I'm single...

2016:
09 - Royal Class Quatro Combo, 1x IXc Early, 1x IXc Late, 2x IXE.
11 -  Mk.XVI Dual Combo Bubletop/Highback Limited Edition
12 -  Mk.IXc Early ProfiPack

1st half of 2017.
Aussie Eight Mk.VIII Limited Edition (with book)
Mk.IXc Late Weekend
Mk.IXE ProfiPack

2nd half of 2017:
NAŠI SE VRACEJÍ Quatro Combo Limited edition (Czechoslovak, with book, august)
Mk.XVI Bubbletop ProfiPack
Mk.VIII Weekend

The list is subject to change

Brassins:
engine
weapons
engine cover (09/2016)

With thanks to 172Flogger on Britmodeller.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

I've started one of mine, although it'll be a whiffed clipped fighter bomber in Italy.  So far it's a bit... fiddly.  Wings go together fine once the rear locator pins are removed.  Cockpit interior is a tad snug and the fuselage won't close unless The instrument panel is sanded down along the outside. Sounds like an Airfix Spitfire!

I also dislike the moulded on outer gun patches, plus the post war three spoke hub wheels (admittedly not used in this kit) are too small, being the same diameter as the normal wheels.

I know, minor niggles and for the sheer volume of spares, well worth it.

I've actually got an old Airfix mk IXc, the nasty rivetty thing from the 50s (bought as part of an ebay lot - felt cheated as it's instructions were from the old Airfix mk Ia!) and I'm tempted to build it as an airfield decoy, one of the wooden mock ups.  Would be nice to have the two on the same stand, showing how far kits have come in sixty years.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 30, 2016, 03:33:42 PM

Would be nice to have the two on the same stand, showing how far kits have come in sixty years.

Good idea, it'd be very educational, specially to those who've only known the current crop of super-accurate and uber-detailed kits.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 30, 2016, 02:40:48 PM
...Mk.XVI Bubletop Limited Edition...

Comes with a scale crooner.

I'll get me coat...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

KiwiZac

I think both my wife and mother-in-law would like for me to get that one! :D
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

The Wooksta!

Next Spitfire release from Eduard is the mk VIII Profipack.  5 decal options, 2 of which were in the weekend.  Cheats!

Once that's out, I think they've released the lot, except possibly a post war highback with the post July 45 inboard wing blisters.  The late war lowback 16 is in the mk 16 dual combo.

The only option left to them for two stage Merlin Spits now is a mk VII (new fuselage sprue), the same fuselage could also give a PR.X with a new lower engine cowling.  A PR XI is also possible.  However, they haven't done those in 48th, so 72nd is doubtful.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: