Focke Wulf Ta 338 D-2 (inspired by Flyer & Dizzyfugu) Finished Pics Pg 4

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2016, 04:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Recent spy photos smuggled at great cost out of the workshops of zenrat engineering reveal what has been tentatively identified as the wings and centre section of a Focke Wulf FW 190.  The wings appear to have guidelines marked on them for cutting which would result in them being swept forward.

This evidence contradicts statements made by a senior zi representative who claimed that work on this project would not begin until other works were completed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

New photos were retrieved from a dead drop today.  They prove conclusively that claims this project has not commenced are untrue.

Sources report the aircraft has been code named Swartzwaldteufel.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Flyer

Looks good. :thumbsup:

The wing is the reverse of a 190 variant in picture I have came across in the past that has forward sweep at the roots and back sweep outboard, not sure which I like the look of better.

zenrat

The problem with chopping up modern, well engineered kits like this one is that they can be harder to put back together once chopped than the old style "two fuselage halves with wings plugged into them" kits.
This is fighting me and there are some not very nice gaps to deal with.

On the plus side I have made progress scratching up an engine and contra prop.
Fred

zenrat

The white lump is the engine.  It still needs work.  The tails I will be using are on the mat at the back and consist of two MiG 21 stabilisers and a Viggen vertical tail.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Looking at the WiP-object one can wonder into which direction it is supposed to move...  ;)

The FSWs look interesting!  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 06, 2016, 08:36:16 AM
Looking at the WiP-object one can wonder into which direction it is supposed to move...  ;)

The FSWs look interesting!  :thumbsup:

But it would also look good as a pusher-prop plane, although it is looking very interesting as is. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 06, 2016, 08:25:05 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2016, 03:54:32 AM

The white lump is the engine.  It still needs work.

Understatement of the year!  :o ;D :lol:

Oh the basic shape is there.  You just can't see it in the photo.

Fred

Flyer

zenrat

Thats the cowled engine (deltic configuration with 3 banks of 9 cylinders - 54 pistons).  I have a 1/24 finned brake drum to attach to the front as the contra prop gearbox.  And then onto that i'll add a Lincoln spinner plus a second one made from a slice of a biro.
So yes, it will get even longer...

Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

It might need canards.  The decision will be purely based on aesthetics though. 
Fred