Focke Wulf Ta 338 D-2 (inspired by Flyer & Dizzyfugu) Finished Pics Pg 4

Started by zenrat, June 27, 2016, 04:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on August 01, 2016, 06:17:10 PM
Just a thought, if roughly half the airframe is engine and sweeping the wings forward may reduce fuel tank space endurance could be a issue... Large drop tanks and RATO to compensate?

Maybe, but according to the cutaway in Bill Gunston's Encyclopaedia of Combat Aircraft the fuel tanks in the FW190 were in the centre section under the pilot.  An area I haven't touched apart from sticking an oil cooler on underneath.

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 01, 2016, 11:28:01 PM
Quote from: Flyer on July 07, 2016, 02:43:26 AM
Is it all pistons etc... or is that partly gearbox too :o

Nah, it's probably a 63 cylinder engine...  ;)

54 pistons in 27 cylinders in deltic configuration.

However, practicalities are secondary to aesthetics.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Don't worry.  I hadn't actually looked at the cutaway until last night and was assuming they were between the pilot and the engine and/or in the wings.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

b29r

Wow, this is certainly different, but I like it a lot.  Waiting intently to see more!

zenrat

Fred

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

OMG! I thought mine would look like a Captain America movie prop, but this is starting to get ...dramatic!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Glad you like it.  Primer revealed the need for a touch of filler around the rear end but other than that it's ready for paint.

The undercarriage will consist of tiny castors similar to what Convair did on the Pogo.
Fred

DogfighterZen

Those are some big props... at first, seemed a bit too much but they're proportional to the engine's size, i guess... ;D
This is going to look wild!:thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Looking wild! ;D

You'd definitely need a lot of twist on those blades at that length (which it seems you have), although you'd still be running on the edge of Mach-shock on the blade tips at any speed. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*