The 'Junkster' Pod Racer

Started by ti, July 04, 2016, 03:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ti

15. Here are the parts that I've laid out, trying to decide what to use for the Electro Attachments on the pod. These will be connected by a long cable to the the engines itself. I wanted something cool, simple, yet high-tech looking. So I had to puzzle the parts to together and this is what I came up with.

The parts I chose to reprent the Electro Attachments.

Here are the parts disassembled and assembled just to give you an idea of the pieces involved.

Now the assembled piece. There will be one on each side of the pod.

Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ti

16. Slowly adding the parts to the bottom half of the rod. Choosing odd bits of small components does bring alive the under half of this pod.

Charles

ti

17. Did some painting of the bottom engine half of the pod. I think it's starting to look like a machine rather than lots of plastic. Well, that's

just me, trying to be positive. :)

Charles

ti

18. Took the fan from a left over truck build. Since I build trucks, I have a few of these lying around. Painted it black and dried brush it with

silver. I am pleased the way it came out.

Charles

NARSES2

Some great work going on here  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ti

Charles

ti

19. I think I like the results of the bottom. Although, it will be visible, but one would have to bend their head just a little to look underneath.

The details would be suffcient. Or maybe I should just add a mirror just under the pod. We'll see.

Charles

ti

20. Finally threw some paint on the fuselage to give me more inspiration to carry on. As I was a little skeptical about this was going. So far, so

good. I think.  I first used a chacoal black color from Citadel, then an automobile dark reddish color as the base.

Charles

ti

21. I added an extra detail to the Electro attachments on the engines to add more interest to the fuselage. There will be a tiny cable, along with

the bigger one, that connects this attachment point with the other smaller one on the pod. For me, the more detail, the better.

Charles

ti

22. So I started working on the fuselage intakes. Nothing too complicated or advanced, but I thought a slick design would work well for this old

beast, even though it is an out-dated design and/or engine. I saved about anything that looks it might work for me in any future builds. I am an

astmatic, so I have lots of these cannister lying around. I knew one day they will come in handy. I Still contemplating the design aspect of this

section of the build. Will have to do more testing on the over all look later. But so far, this is wht I have.

Charles

ti

23. Painting the external intakes on the fuselage.

Charles

ti

24. Added the Electro Attachments to the pod.It's starting to take shape.

Charles

kerick

This looks awesome! Keep us posted!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ti

Charles

ti

25. The overall look, so far on this pod. I think it is starting to look descent enough. Still contemplating the components surrounding the seating compartment. We'll see if I will use both or one or just leave it off entirely.

Charles