The 'Junkster' Pod Racer

Started by ti, July 04, 2016, 03:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ti

26. The painting is done on the area surrounding the intakes. Will be doing some dry-brushing later on them.

Charles
What we perceive to be may not be what we believe to be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ti

27. I think the overall look on this old beast is starting to look pleasing to the eyes.

Charles

ti

28.  The little details added.

Charles

ti

29. The Electro cable that will attach to both the pod and the engine. I used a soldering lead thread is what I used to make the big cable. A thinner steel wire is used to wrap around the bigger cable. THese will be painted black then dried brush with silver.

Charles

ti

30.  The cable attachments. I had the choice of two. The first one and the second version. I choose the second alternative just beacuse of the way it looked.

Alternative 1.

Alternative 2.

Alternative two mounted together and base painted. Will dry brush it before mounting it to the Electro attachments.

The cable will not be glued as I want  make any changes if I am not 100% satisfied with the look after mounting it. So there are mount holes at each end that will make it possible to just shove the cable in the and out it the need arises. This is one of the main reasons I chose to use lead soldering thread as the cable. It makes it possible to pose the cable exactly the way I want it without any movement.
Charles

ti

31. I decided use another wire that I found in a dumspters. I simply cut both ends to reveal the copper wire inside. Then I measured the distance between the two Electro attachments and made the cut. I also wrapped a much smaller wire around the the thicker one. I just thought it would add to the overall look.Then I primed the wires with black charcoal paint and then dried brushed them with silver.

Charles

ti

32. And now for the final pics. Still a little more touch up here and there but I think It looks ok. My apologies for the quality of the photos. My camera has a focus issue that needs fixing. I hope you guys like the results:

Charles

ti

Charles

kerick

That is an awesome job! Love it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Not a big fan of pod racers but this one could change my mind, looking really good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ti

Charles

ti

Charles

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.