BBC article on Farnborough, with archive video footage

Started by Rheged, July 08, 2016, 01:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36714374

Worth a minute or two of your day. Includes   footage of SRA1 and Brabazon taking off.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on July 08, 2016, 01:54:04 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36714374

Worth a minute or two of your day. Includes   footage of SRA1 and Brabazon taking off.

Wasn't it more of a care of the Brabazon going down the runway in a straight line until the curvature of the earth meant that it was airborne  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

that may have been the Brabagoon aircraft, one of Proff Pureharts great successes  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Some great stuff in that clip

Me and a mate were thinking of Farnborough this year, then remembered "the fun" we had getting out last time  :banghead: :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I was lucky enough to get to most of those Farnborough Shows, and while the Brabazon struck me as 'just a big aeroplane' at age 7, the Saro Princess was SERIOUSLY impressive a year or so later! It was as if the world was passing by the aircraft rather than the other way round.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit