Single Seat Navy Firefly

Started by Gondor, July 14, 2016, 03:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Putty! Putty! Sand! Sand! Putty! Putty! Sand! Sand! Putty! Sand! Putty! Sand! Putty! Putty! Sand! Sand!

Ah, the joys of PSR! :banghead:

Actually not too bad, shouldn't take much to fix that up, at all! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Better than crawl-crawl, stagger-stagger lol. Going to be worth it tho ! If I could get off my butt I'm going to build one myself. Still kicking myself for not jumping on that bagged lot of 6 or 12 of the old Modelcraft boxing from ModelMa'am on ebay for a song.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Ding Ding Round Two !!!

Just finished the next Sanding phase

Found that I had to change to using a file rather than a sanding stick for the planking on the rear fuselage as that was not sanding as easily as the plastic from the kits  :banghead:

However problem sorted and its ready for a quick was to get rid of the dust and hopefully a quick shot of primer prior to my going to work.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Old Wombat

Gondor

I realised while driving home from work that I don't need to apply another coat of primer just yet as the Dark Grey areas surrounded by lighter grey or white are depressions which need filling so thats is what will happen prior to my getting some shut eye today.

Gondor

zenrat

Good man, keeping the brain active by thinking hard about models whilst driving.  :thumbsup:

Looks good.  I tend to start the process by carving the corners off the planks with my knife.  Sometimes I even manage to not lose too much blood in the process.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

As long as you don't sand it whilst driving lol

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on September 01, 2016, 02:58:15 AM
Good man, keeping the brain active by thinking hard about models whilst driving.  :thumbsup:

Looks good.  I tend to start the process by carving the corners off the planks with my knife.  Sometimes I even manage to not lose too much blood in the process.

Actually I was within the last mile of my flat driving through a residential area with speed bumps!

Anyway, the next bit of filling was done and has been duly sanded, I should give a quick clean so it can dry overnight then I can prime it first thing tomorrow for more PSR over the weekend. Think I will tackle the rudder as well.

Gondor

P.S. I forgot that I had already added some more filler to a few places, but only after I had the model under the tap and started to scrub it with the old tooth brush I use for such things  :banghead:

Captain Canada

I use old tooth brushes for scrubbing as well....just did the grout in the shower today ! Never thought of using it to clean up a model. Good call !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 01, 2016, 11:56:48 AM
I use old tooth brushes for scrubbing as well....just did the grout in the shower today ! Never thought of using it to clean up a model. Good call !

Its soft enough not to damage the plastic but stiff enough and the bristles are thin enough to get dust and muck out of most panel lines.

Another sanding back and application of filler today. Not got to the stage where I feel its necessary to add more primer but I do think that I will be applying the primer during next week, famous last words of course.

Gondor

Old Wombat

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 02, 2016, 01:28:30 PM
Only 11 days left, Bro! ;)

I'm trying! At least that's what my mother used to say but I think she meant something different  :-\

I have stopped work on the upper fuselage which I think is near enough but I won't know until I spray another coat of primer over it so I have moved my attention to the underside of the fuselage only to find more work of course  :banghead:

I have also Docked the aircraft's tail and started some adjustments which I want to keep hidden from everyone until the aircraft is well into the painting stage. I have also come up with a back story for the build which involves minimal decal application thus cutting down on the time needed to finish the build  ;D

So more sanding tomorrow which will be followed by some more putty application and hopefully this time next week the aircraft should be nearly finished.

Gondor