SITE MIGRATION COMPLETED - Post issues here

Started by Supertom, July 18, 2016, 08:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

I don't seem to get an email notification when there's a new personal message. I've set notifications to be on, the email address is correct, and the mail doesn't end up in a spam folder.

NARSES2

Quote from: Hobbes on December 01, 2017, 03:22:19 AM
I don't seem to get an email notification when there's a new personal message. I've set notifications to be on, the email address is correct, and the mail doesn't end up in a spam folder.

I've got the same "problem" Harro, but to be honest it doesn't bother me as ,being a Mod, I check in every day anyway.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I'm having trouble getting onto the forum on my android smartphone (no problems elsewhere).  I logged out using a security function when I misplaced my phone, when I try to login again I get frozen out and the site is trying to peddle dodgy pharmaceuticals to me. It let me in for a few hours at the weekend then threw me out again.   Any advice?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

This weekend coming, the Secret Projects Forum is being migrated to another format and will be down from the 12th to 14th. I asked Paul (overscan) if it would affect this forum seeing as we're on the same server right now. Paul told me it shouldn't but in anyway, the week after this forum will be moved to it's own server. Which he said should be quicker and better and that our forum format will remain the same.

Not sure if any of that might be related to your issue Simon --- because he's been testing it off and on.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

I'll try logging in again.  Secret Projects works fine, it's only affecting this forum for some reason.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Nope, still trying to flog me dodgy drugs. :unsure:

perttime

I got a "site not found" some minutes ago, went to another site, and everything seems to work when I came back. Windows laptop, Firefox, and I go straight to "Show unread posts since last visit"

Nick

Quote from: Mossie on April 09, 2019, 06:39:18 AM
I'm having trouble getting onto the forum on my android smartphone (no problems elsewhere).  I logged out using a security function when I misplaced my phone, when I try to login again I get frozen out and the site is trying to peddle dodgy pharmaceuticals to me. It let me in for a few hours at the weekend then threw me out again.   Any advice?

That's not a site issue because nobody else has it, that's down to your PC/phone. Sounds like you have a virus on your system and your security feature might be part of that.
You can get anti-virus software for your phone. I use Norton for my PC and the 5 licence option includes a version for phones and tablets.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Nick on April 10, 2019, 05:15:28 AM
Sounds like you have a virus on your system and your security feature might be part of that.

Second that, sounds like a local problem.

Mossie

I've tried some of the virus checks I have installed to no avail, so I installed AVG and that didn't pick anything up either.

My suspicion was it something to do with my Goggle account as that was the Security feature I used to lock my phone, I ran the provided checks on that and nothing comes up.  I also ran Google Plays checks and again, nothing.

Anyone with IT experience know what might be going on?  It only seems to affect this site, nothing else.