SITE MIGRATION COMPLETED - Post issues here

Started by Supertom, July 18, 2016, 08:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perttime

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 23, 2016, 02:45:06 PM
I have to be honest.  I *REALLY* dislike the avatars on the update posts page.  Very distracting and makes it hard to read.
Second that.

Distracting and hard to read. Some avatars seem to have some code or text under them,too, overlapping the useful texts.

overscan

Quote from: perttime on July 24, 2016, 12:15:31 AM
I have to be honest.  I *REALLY* dislike the avatars on the update posts page.  Very distracting and makes it hard to read.
Second that.

Distracting and hard to read. Some avatars seem to have some code or text under them,too, overlapping the useful texts.

Could you take a screenshot of that please?

I've changed to show avatar of last poster only. Better compromise?

Also we can have circle or square avatars, circle avatars require modern browsers to display correctly.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

zenrat

Quote from: overscan on July 24, 2016, 01:34:30 AM
...I've changed to show avatar of last poster only. Better compromise?...

Much better.  Nice and compact.  I like it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Second that.

Also we can have circle or square avatars, circle avatars require modern browsers to display correctly.
I cannot see those pieces of code or file name now. It was in the thread starter column. Maybe SOME of the ones that don't have an avatar after all.

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on July 24, 2016, 02:12:27 AM
...I've changed to show avatar of last poster only. Better compromise?...

Much better.  Nice and compact.  I like it.

I second that.  <_<
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

crudebuteffective

can we have a side bar like we had on the right of the home screen that just shows latest ten posts

PLEASE
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

overscan

Quote from: crudebuteffective on July 24, 2016, 03:38:15 AM
can we have a side bar like we had on the right of the home screen that just shows latest ten posts

PLEASE

Not easily, that was part of the TinyPortal mod which added articles etc, which was decided to be removed from the forum. Whats the functional difference to the list of recent posts at the bottom of the homepage?
"What if?" addict

overscan

Quote from: perttime on July 24, 2016, 02:17:59 AM
Second that.

I cannot see those pieces of code or file name now. It was in the thread starter column. Maybe SOME of the ones that don't have an avatar after all.

That is caused by people who have avatars set to a URL that no longer exists. Those people need to change their avatars or remove them. I can remove them if needed, but hopefully people will take the opportunity to choose one.
"What if?" addict

Weaver

I'm fine with that. I didn't hate the first way, but if more people like this then I'm fine with it.

As a long-time user, I'm more interested in functionality than cosmetic stuff, unless or until the latter impacts on the former.

I'm fine with either since I've already adapted to circle avatars on other platforms.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

I'm getting used to the new look and generally have no complaints. One minor thing I have found is that the emoticon entitled "sleepy" appears to show no graphic on the reply page, at least for me. The only other thing I can think of is a request. Could we have some kind of button, either at the bottom of a page or embedded at the bottom of each post which will allow us to go straight to the top of the page please.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Scooterman

Been off the boards for quite awhile, but like the new look.  Controls easy too.   :thumbsup:

The Chaos

I think the update of the site are gread.  :thumbsup:

overscan

So, Sleepy smiley is now working.

I'll look into improving the smiley selection....
"What if?" addict

overscan

I've started with putting some of the smileys in a popup (click [more] to see them).

Now we can argue which ones should be shown by default!
"What if?" addict