RNZAF Scottish Aviation Bulldog

Started by KiwiZac, July 27, 2016, 02:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Hi all,
A while back I expressed a desire to find an Aurora 1/72 Lockheed Cheyenne heli model, and a good friend in Texas promptly emailed to ask me my current address. Inside the box that arrived a week or so later with the rather rare chopper was a MISB, blister pack Airfix SA Bulldog.

What on earth do I do with a Bulldog? I know a guy with a few of them but I've never seen them in person, nor have I ever really had a desire to build one.

Then, about a year later, inspiration struck:

Backstory and more pics to follow...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A nice looking machine, the Bulldog, and great to see it in a Kiwi scheme, wholly believable.  :bow: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Thanks gents, you're very kind. She ain't quite done yet - decal issues, you may notice one of the roundels lifting - but I really wanted to share at least one photo. Hoping to tone down the glossiness just a little, too. It's a lovely little kit, and something I'd likely never have built without it having fallen into my lap.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

Good thing you put it on a stand, it's almost impossible to get enough nose weight in to get it to stand properly. Both the ones I built had to have flats filed on the bottom of the tyres to give them that extra bit of stability.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"