Sea Hawk - heading South

Started by Knightflyer, August 08, 2016, 12:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

So potentially another quick build. Nothing spectacular, a standard build of an old favourite, but hopefully the paint-job will catch the eye  ;D

DAY ONE Well cockpit interior and bang-seat painted black, the fuselage glued together, along with wing-roots. Painted the undercarriage bay and intake area white,I might try boxing the undercarriage bay in before continuing. Glued the tail-planes in place.

The obligatory sprue shot!

Not bad for a day's 'work'!  ;D

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Captain Canada

Does building that fast make you Dizzy ? lol Great work so far !

:o
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Knightflyer

Hi Captain C, do you mean dizzy or 'Dizzy'  ;D - if the latter my builds are nowhere as complex and involve little or no 'chopping and changing' so I plead not-guilty m'lud

Also I think my last picture 'cheated a bit' , this is how far I've actually got, but I was trying the wings on for size and forgot to remove them before photographing!  ;D

Might get the wings on tonight though, or box those pesky undercarriage bays in  :banghead:

Dizzyfugu

I heard that! Somebody else has a Flux Compensator in the basement, too?  :o

Knightflyer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 09, 2016, 11:37:14 PM
I heard that! Somebody else has a Flux Compensator in the basement, too?  :o

It's only because we fall to our knees in awe at your abilities Dizzy  ;D I wish I had your abilities to 'chop and change' a model (or should that be models because there's usually more than one kit involved!  ;D ) even at a quarter of the speed!

I am thinking more about the 'dark arts' that you practice more and more though, although on a less epic scale. Take the Sea Hawk for example, I see a small 'thimble' type radar on the nose, and the drop-tanks moving to the wing-tips, nothing major but chopping up an old NOVO kit wouldn't be a great loss if it all went horribly wrong!  :o ;D

ALSO - So meant to ask this last time I saw it mentioned - a Flux Capacitor (as in the film) allows time travel, a Flux Compensator stretches time?  :o .....have I missed a thread explaining this !!!  :o ;D

Dizzyfugu

Be careful, the Dark Arts of Whiffing involve a lot of black candles, chicken and cats...  ;)
Beyond the generous use of saws, files, putty, sand paper and glue, as well as raids of the donor bank(s).
Frequent offers to Styrene help, too:

And, yes, the Flux Compensator creates, among others, a time bubble that stretches time. Check the instruction manual, page 632.  ;D

Captain Canada

August 5th, 1955....now there's a Red letter Day for Whiffing !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 10, 2016, 12:49:08 AM
Frequent offers to Styrene help, too:

And, although she looks sweet & innocent, she's a blood-thirsty b|+<& ! :wacko: :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Knightflyer

Please Sirs.......Can I have my thread back!  ;D :wacko:

So apart from a quick offering to Styrene, here's the progress for this week. Boxed in the undercarriage bays, attached the wings, tail-planes and tail-fin. Now a fair bit of filling and sanding to come. I do like the 'simple' shape  and form of the Sea Hawk though  ;D

zenrat

This is a NOVO kit?
It looks identical to the Airfix one I was fiddling with today.
Any idea who produced it originally?

<edit> Scalemates has it as originally moulded by Airfix in 1959 and then continuously repopped.  Versions by Plasty & Gunze Sangyo of the same mould.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/206605-airfix-1424-armstrong-whitworth-seahawk
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Knightflyer

Quote from: zenrat on August 16, 2016, 04:28:23 AM
This is a NOVO kit?
It looks identical to the Airfix one I was fiddling with today.
Any idea who produced it originally?

No this is the Airfix kit also - the FROG/NOVO etc doesn't have undercarriage bays to box in!

Captain Canada

I recognize it from way back in the day when Wee Jimmy was here. His was called the Wheat Razor. I'll have to finish it some day and post it here  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Knightflyer

This one also - completion approaches  ;D

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Knightflyer

Quote from: zenrat on August 21, 2016, 02:54:54 AM
Mmmmmmmmmm...

:thumbsup:

I'm glad you added a  :thumbsup: else I'd have spent twenty minutes trying to figure if that was a bad Mmmmmmmm.... or a good Mmmmmmmm....!  ;D