Convair FY-2 Delta Dash in 1/48

Started by KiwiZac, August 09, 2016, 09:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Oh that looks great ! I just love it. Love the way the tanks turned out. Great call there. The landing gear arrangement is perfect. Now I want to dig mine out and emulate yours !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Terrific job there. Those missile pods are certainly large!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Great looking build there, Zac, & a good back-story to go with it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

KiwiZac

Thanks guys, you're all very kind! I had a great time building it...even if the wife was encouraging the cats to destroy it...

I forgot to add that I added a splitter plate to the exhaust as well as nozzles as the gap was just empty all the way. Cut-down aileron from something plus two superglue caps!  :thumbsup:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

sandiego89

Great idea to go with the long stroke gear- the wheels on the real Pogo and all kits always looked way too flimsy. 

Well done- Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on September 04, 2016, 03:15:46 PM
Great idea to go with the long stroke gear- the wheels on the real Pogo and all kits always looked way too flimsy. 

Well done- Dave

They are.  :banghead:

Goodness knows how many times I've replaced the ones on my RW Pogo and Whiffed Osprey. Those SMC guys should do them in white metal, they'd be much better.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Thanks Dave :)

We can pretend she's full of fuel and ammo, hence the legs being fully compressed on the model! I made the gear doors longer to help with the impression of longer legs.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates