British Aerospace P.106 (P.110 and ACA)

Started by overscan, August 11, 2016, 02:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overscan

Discussions were had with India and Sweden. Could have been the Gripen/Griffon and Typhoon's little brother.

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

kitnut617

beautiful ----   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've read that quite a few BAe designers were ""loaned"" to Saab to work on the Gripen. They design links a very clear in this project
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

overscan

BAe... HAL... Saab...

The BHS Griffon! On sale now... bargain price.

"What if?" addict

overscan

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 11, 2016, 03:02:10 AM
beautiful ----   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've read that quite a few BAe designers were ""loaned"" to Saab to work on the Gripen. They design links a very clear in this project

British Aerospace designed and built the wing for the prototype Gripen as a subcontractor.
"What if?" addict

overscan

This was very much a single engine P.110. The P.110 turned into EAP by moving the air intakes and canards to where the Germans wanted them, for post-stall manouverability. British Aerospace wasn't that convinced on this - so a production P.110, or even a "Eurofighter" minus the Germans but plus the French, would likely not have them.

"What if?" addict

Captain Canada

Cool stuff guys, thanks for all the pics and info ! Sure looks like a mini-Typhoon or an early Gripen.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Mirage F.1 rear end in that first picture anybody ?

Very attractive looking airplane
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Both are beautiful!! :thumbsup:

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2016, 06:20:46 AM
Mirage F.1 rear end in that first picture anybody ?

Very attractive looking airplane

Thought of the Mirage F.1 but because of the top view in the second pic. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

The twin fins on the P.110 look really good. I wonder why they didn't do that on the EAP/Typhoon?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

overscan

Quote from: Gondor on August 11, 2016, 08:00:28 AM
New book subject Paul?

Gondor

No, but a subject of ongoing interest. I need to read the new book on EAP and see how much of what I had is now published anyway.
"What if?" addict

overscan

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 11, 2016, 12:31:37 PM
The twin fins on the P.110 look really good. I wonder why they didn't do that on the EAP/Typhoon?

1) The EAP ("Experimental Aircraft Programme for the Agile Combat Aircraft") used a Tornado fin to cut costs only. ACA was always supposed to be twin fin.

2) The team couldn't find a suitable place for twin fins free of vortex interference from canards, wing roots etc, so in the end, it kept the single fin.
"What if?" addict

PR19_Kit

Quote from: overscan on August 11, 2016, 01:45:07 PM

1) The EAP ("Experimental Aircraft Programme for the Agile Combat Aircraft") used a Tornado fin to cut costs only. ACA was always supposed to be twin fin.

2) The team couldn't find a suitable place for twin fins free of vortex interference from canards, wing roots etc, so in the end, it kept the single fin.

Ah right, makes aerodynamic sense I guess.

But we can re-write the aerodynamics in WhiffWorld and fit twin fins.  ;D Plus a few extra vortex damping vanes somewhere as well......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KJ_Lesnick

That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

overscan

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 11, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: overscan on August 11, 2016, 01:45:07 PM

Ah right, makes aerodynamic sense I guess.

But we can re-write the aerodynamics in WhiffWorld and fit twin fins.  ;D Plus a few extra vortex damping vanes somewhere as well......

Absolutely so. I can post some more stuff tonight.
"What if?" addict