Thunderbirds Ocean pioneer scratchbuild

Started by usn sentinel, August 11, 2016, 08:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usn sentinel

ocean pioneer, finished

Modelling_Mushi

Wow, I just love the Anderson stuff, this is great and I cant wait to see more of this - and the Stingray and UFO builds too. Dare I hope for Fireball XL-5 builds somewhere along the line? Or even Joe 90?

:wub:

Thanks usn sentinel!
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

usn sentinel

<_< <_<

usn sentinel

Quote from: Modelling_Mushi on August 11, 2016, 09:18:05 PM
Wow, I just love the Anderson stuff, this is great and I cant wait to see more of this - and the Stingray and UFO builds too. Dare I hope for Fireball XL-5 builds somewhere along the line? Or even Joe 90?

Thanks usn sentinel!

Thanks heaps ,yea the plan is to try and i mean try to do as many Anderson models as i can in one lifetime, will soon be putting up as much of my collection as i can as i go on with the new builds. <_<

usn sentinel

Quote from: Modelling_Mushi on August 11, 2016, 09:18:05 PM

Thanks usn sentinel!

collection overview

Cobra

This is Really starting to Get Interesting!  Glad to See You're Building the World Navy Carrier Atlantic! Good Luck :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

usn sentinel

Quote from: Cobra on August 11, 2016, 10:20:35 PM
This is Really starting to Get Interesting!  Glad to See You're Building the World Navy Carrier Atlantic! Good Luck :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan
Im gonna need it. ;D

Old Wombat

Obviously you're just dabbling around the edges of the Gerry Anderson thing. :rolleyes:

;) ;D

Builds you've done look great! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 11, 2016, 11:45:58 PM
Obviously you're just dabbling around the edges of the Gerry Anderson thing. :rolleyes:

;) ;D

Yeah, can't wait to see what you'll achieve when you get serious about it.
;)

Good job on these.
What size were the original filming models?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

usn sentinel

Quote from: zenrat on August 12, 2016, 01:08:50 AM

;) ;D

;)

Good job on these.

just a guess the Atlantic was a small model no more than 30 inches possibly modified ship kits as hulls by the look of the water displacement, with water models 1 or 2 times the speed on your dvd remote and that tells you the true size of the water movement as we all know they were shot at high speed and slowed down, gives a good idea of scale.
The Ocean Pioneer was a huge model average bath length i think if you google it ,also a very small one not much bigger than mine was used that still survives today, the detail varies hugely on both models and a closeup deck model too .and mines is a mix of both models ,that's how i got the side profile and dimensions  from pics on line of the model as it is today.
Sentinel looks really small and a closeup deck model has much more detail , again mine is a mix not bang on but close.

usn sentinel

if theres anything in the collection pics above anyone wants to see more pics of just let me know.

Captain Canada

Wow wow double wow ! I think that equals 'holy moly' lol

Where do we start ? Is that ever a collection ! Must be worth a small fortune ! When can I come over and play ? I promise not to break any bits off  :thumbsup:

I really enjoy your scratch building. The double hulled ship is going to be a knock out. I dig the attention to detail in your paper templates as well.

As for a closer look, it's the open wooden cabinet for me. The yellow one at the bottom, the two fighter types ( a white and red one with a gold looking one behind ) two shelves above that, and then the transport and bomber types above them. And on the glass shelf that thing that looks like it has a sabre nose. To start  :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: usn sentinel on August 12, 2016, 02:34:55 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 12, 2016, 01:08:50 AM

;) ;D

;)

Good job on these.

just a guess the Atlantic was a small model no more than 30 inches possibly modified ship kits as hulls by the look of the water displacement, with water models 1 or 2 times the speed on your dvd remote and that tells you the true size of the water movement as we all know they were shot at high speed and slowed down, gives a good idea of scale.
The Ocean Pioneer was a huge model average bath length i think if you google it ,also a very small one not much bigger than mine was used that still survives today, the detail varies hugely on both models and a closeup deck model too .and mines is a mix of both models ,that's how i got the side profile and dimensions  from pics on line of the model as it is today.
Sentinel looks really small and a closeup deck model has much more detail , again mine is a mix not bang on but close.

Thanks.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..