Sea Raptor

Started by leptiprince, August 12, 2016, 12:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

I have no dubt taht this will be a great project. :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

kerick

That looks like a "could be real" build! Very believable. And awesome work.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Great build would that work on an F-23?

CammNut

I know I'm too late, but it could do with a larger horizontal tail than the base F-22 to cope with the shift in center of lift as the wing sweeps...

Captain Canada

Wow. That looks so good....and so right ! Great job on this one !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bearmatt

Another one that would be on my to do list! And you're building it  :thumbsup:
Looking really good!
The carpet monster took it!

Cobra

This is Awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i Almost started to Hum the Top Gun Anthem upon Seeing Your Model! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

jsport

Gondor

Quote from: CammNut on August 26, 2016, 05:03:24 PM
I know I'm too late, but it could do with a larger horizontal tail than the base F-22 to cope with the shift in center of lift as the wing sweeps...

The problem with a single fin is that it would reflect radar far better than the angled twin fins do on what is a stealthy aircraft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

CammNut

Horizontal tail, not vertical tail - in a VG aircraft, the horizontal tail, or tailplane, needs to balance the aircraft as the centre of lift moves aft as the wing sweeps aft and forward as the wing sweeps forward. With the wing swept aft the moment arm of the horizontal tail is reduced and more area is required to maintain effectiveness - look at an F-111, F-14 or Tornado...big tails, horizontal and vertical  In this case there is more than enough vertical, not enough horizontal

ysi_maniac

Highest level whiffery. :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

Maybe the angle of the vertical tails would help offset the shift of the cg ? Still, this looks super cool and sure looks like it would work !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?