Horten Ho-98G-2 Moskito

Started by novis2, August 21, 2016, 08:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

Oh yes...  :wub:

... next, one with DB engines  ;D

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Interesting, looks very natural. But I agree that some other (German) engines would have been more suitable than the Merlins - at least DBs, or Jumo power eggs.  ;)

RAFF-35

What a fantastic idea, very well built and finished too  :thumbsup:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

perttime

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 21, 2016, 12:24:48 PM
Interesting, looks very natural. But I agree that some other (German) engines would have been more suitable than the Merlins - at least DBs, or Jumo power eggs.  ;)

"a project which never materialized. In 1943 the FiAF HQ asked VL if it would be possible to build a copy of the Mosquito with DB605 engines. Two crashed British aircraft would have been requested from Germany to serve as models. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valmet_Vihuri#Notes

zenrat

I like it a lot.  Maybe a schräge music installation would have been the go as well.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

That re-engined Finnish Mossie looks nice. Very subtle.

I did a night fighter with Hercs, that' what an alternative with BMW 801s might look like?

1:72 De Havilland DH.98 'Mosquito' NF.52; '212/C White' of 10th Sqn., Royal Egyptian Air Force (REAF), Almaza AFB, circa 1950 (Whif/Airfix kit conversion) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

NARSES2

Very nice  :thumbsup: The Finnish one looks excellent as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Doesn't look like you had any fun when you built this one  :thumbsup: I know we're certainly not BO+RD looking at it  :thumbsup: Love the colours and pattern. That would certainly turn a few heads !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?