(UPDATE: PICS FIXED) Star Trek's "Mirror Universe" Terran Empire P 51D Mustang

Started by TheChronicOne, August 29, 2016, 06:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I'm not a very good modeler .. (yet.. I'm trying) but it turned out OK. Subject matter is a "What-if" Mirror Universe Terran Empire P-51D Mustang. War-weary and heavily used and weathered... she's seen plenty of action. No rhyme or reason for a back story... just... here it is... a Mustang in Terran Empire Air Force markings. Also, my picture taking technique is obviously crap so I'll try to get better at that, as well. 

Either way, she looks decent....  actually looks better in person than the pictures. The camera really emphasized my over done weathering.. it doesn't look quite that pronounced IRL.

Anyway, I hope it amuses and sparks interest!   (PS: If these pictures are too large, let me know, I'll take them down and re-size. OR, just click on the picture and they open in a new window with a better size )

-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

They are large, fitting the window is a bonus for me  :thumbsup:

But I did click and resize, and I like it ! Love the look, nice and worn. Great job !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Thanks! It was a Testors Quick Build kit that I got for $3 flat off Ebay. (look at the ridiculous propeller and you don't even want to see the radiator intake....  )  But I made a go at it anyway because I knew it would be fun. I built a couple Star Trek kits back in 2009 for giggles but this is my first airplane build in nearly 25 years. I had forgotten more than I learned back then but it's coming back and through trial I am learning new things.

I have another ridiculous build coming in the coming days or weeks!  :)
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

:thumbsup:

Being Mirror Universe i assume the pilot has a goatee?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Cobra

This was a Superb Build & Really Well done with the Markings :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Any other Aircraft planned with the Mirror Universe Markings? Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

TheChronicOne

Actually! I was considering it... there is a different "style" of the Terran Empire logo that is black and gold instead of red and gold (As seen in "Enterprise" episodes "In a Mirror Darkly" I and II..) so....  I got to talking to a guy on facebook and between us kinda came up with an idea to do that one and color scheme on a jet. I figured a Century Series...   F100...  F105 or something.

And thank you so much!! I'm really glad you like it.   <_< <_<
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

My first thought was a Starfighter.

In the ST:TOS episode Tomorrow is Yesterday the aircraft they grab (and break up) with the tractor beam is an F104.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on September 01, 2016, 04:00:41 AM
My first thought was a Starfighter.

In the ST:TOS episode Tomorrow is Yesterday the aircraft they grab (and break up) with the tractor beam is an F104.

By golly, you're right!  Fantastic!!  And the fact that it is a "STAR" fighter makes it all the more better. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of this?!  LOL
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Took me far too long to fix the ridiculous oversized pictures.  Please enjoy! 
-Sprues McDuck-