My non whiffy year so far....

Started by tc2324, September 01, 2016, 05:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

tc2324

Latest build from me depicting the loss of Panavia Tornado GR.1 ZD791 on the very first day of the Gulf War, January 17th 1991. Crewed by John Peters and John Nichol, their Tornado was hit by both a surface to air missile as well as taking hits from 23mm flak. Both survived the ejection and were taken prisoner and were released at the end of hostilities.

This is a 1/32 scale Revell kit, the aircrew being aftermarket items. Not a perfect build and certainly some artistic licence was used, hopefully this depicts a well known incident from the first day of the Gulf War.

Last picture is a link to Flickr showing a video of the flickering lights representing flames. Not sure it really works, but it was the first time, so very much a learning curve.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Wowee, the flickering flames really look the business!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

That is an extremely well executed piece of work. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 05, 2020, 08:34:43 AM
Wowee, the flickering flames really look the business!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Does, doesn't it  :thumbsup: and it's a very difficult thing to achieve.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Niiice! I've rarely seen such beautiful destruction.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Glenn Gilbertson

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

tc2324

With the auctions over and model displays sent to the winning bidders, I can now safely post and share these images of my recent Phantom builds without contravening any forum rules or regs.

Using a section panel from the real XV411 as a display base, I built the following models to raise funds for the ZE360 Restoration. Using the Revell 1/48 kit, 2 Sqn and 92 Sqn builds were created showing the earlier camo design and latter air defence grey. A certificate of authenticity was also supplied by the British Phantom Aviation Group.

XV411 shared the burn area with ZE360 at Manston and has now been scrapped making these some of the last surviving sections of the aircraft.

Thanks for looking.
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

PR19_Kit

What a cracking idea, displaying the models on a piece of the REAL aeroplane.  :thumbsup:

And cracking models they are too, well done.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit