My non whiffy year so far....

Started by tc2324, September 01, 2016, 05:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Old Wombat

Everyone before me has said it all. Fantastic work, mate! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Hell. YEAH!

I really dig it. I've always loved the Phantom and admittedly get a little bit put off every time someone calls it "ugly."  :angry:    ;D    It's not the "prettiest" thing but there's just something about it that looks so very cool to me. I think it has to do with the all the angles of the surfaces...  the stabs point 'down,' instead of horizontal, the wing tips point 'UP'... instead of horizontal....   all together it just comes together as a cool machine. You've done a tremendous job of it, not only in choosing subject matter, but with execution and photography as well.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

I'd call the 'Toom "ruggedly handsome". ;D ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 05, 2021, 02:19:11 AM

Certainly a purposeful beast
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

That works for me! I'll remember that.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Rheged

Having consulted my thesaurus, can I offer the words purposeful, assertive and determined?........even aggressive.

This is rather like the discussion we had about the looks of the Mosquito and the Beaufighter........... the Mosquito would pour you a drink and the Beaufighter would smash the bottle over your head
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TallEng

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 05, 2021, 12:24:13 PM

That works for me! I'll remember that.  ;D

Thats just wrong,
It is UGLY. Rhino works though, still Ugly but you wouldnt want to make it cross or even Vexed...
YMMV though. (I've always wanted to write that accronym ;D)

**All the above is written with tongue firmly in cheek

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

TheChronicOne

;D ;D   It's certainly......    beastly.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Flyer

Quote from: Rheged on May 05, 2021, 01:33:11 PM
This is rather like the discussion we had about the looks of the Mosquito and the Beaufighter........... the Mosquito would pour you a drink and the Beaufighter would smash the bottle over your head
;D :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

tc2324

Another real world 1/32 scale Phantom build ready for display. This time F-4J(UK) ZE352 which in another life time was the famous USN `Black Bunny` from VX-4 Squadron.

The section of structure is from the intake from the original aircraft of which the front end survives and will be restored in due course.

IMG_2938

IMG_2939
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

That's a really neat way to display that  :bow:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..