Gnautical Gnats Gathering

Started by JayBee, September 04, 2016, 06:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Well you may have noticed my two recent builds of the Special Hobby Gnat F1.

First there was the Sea Gnat FB3, a late finisher in the "Cold War" GB.

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,41732.0.html

Then there was the Oscar Phallus-E, which has been finished in time for the " In the Navy" GB.

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,42641.0.html

Then there is the Sea Gnat T3M. There is no build thread for this as it was built some 33years ago, and was based on the Matchbox kit.
The thinking was that if the Sea Gnat had gone ahead the Fleet Air Arm would have wanted a conversion trainer. This was a semi-navalized Two seater based on the RAF's T1 but despite being fitted with an arrestor hook they were never carrier capable.
Then the Sea Harrier came along and a trainer to train the pilots in the use of the Blue Fox radar was needed. So the Sea Gnat T3M was born.

Here are all three together:

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Almost enough to start your own Gnaval Gnat SIG there Jim.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Very nice. They sure look great all lined up like that. The Phallus looks so beefy  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

They do look good together.

33 years old you say?  That's stood up well.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 04, 2016, 07:16:22 AM
Very nice. They sure look great all lined up like that. The Phallus looks so beefy  :thumbsup:

Agree 100% with you, Captain, that's a fine trio! :thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

JayBee

I agree the Phalus does look somewhat more beefy, and why not?
I suspect that it is an illusion (our Russian friends might say it was an optical Ilyushin   :wacko: ) caused by the smaller wings and tailplanes compared to the "Lady in Red" who looks so much slimmer and more elegant, as a lady should.
However those two models have identical fuselages, being the Special Hobby Gnat F1.

The T3M is indeed that old. It was built for a monthlt competition at the IPMS Central Scotland branch titled "It might have been". Main rule was that you had to have proof that it really might have been. I suppose it was more "Project Cancelled" than anything else.

It was the branch secretary that pushed the idea for that particular monthly competition.
You only get one guess as to who that deranged individual might have been.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on September 06, 2016, 08:41:29 AM

It was the branch secretary that pushed the idea for that particular monthly competition.
You only get one guess as to who that deranged individual might have been.

Hmmm, that's REALLY difficult................... NOT!  ;) ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit