1950s movie rocket ship

Started by kerick, September 05, 2016, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Your water tower must b near the airport!
I'll look into the checkers. Just a little something to cover the runs. It doesn't show as much in the pics but with a Mk 1 eyeball it shows up badly.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Agreed, CC. I'd rather see a simpler, more elegant air liner type of touch. I was just jumping on the "I like white and red checks" bandwagon for a moment.   :wacko:

And, actually, the water tower isn't by an airport.. well.. a small residence where a man has a private air port is within a couple miles but the tower is about one mile south of one of the ranges at Ft. Sill so I suppose that's why?  Planes drop ordnance over in that area and blackhawks and apaches fly around from time to time. 

I'd never put two and two together before though! I always thought they did it to be fancy. LOL  Always learnin'.. . . .
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 06, 2016, 10:02:58 AM
The checks look good but that would take away from the already excellent finish  :thumbsup:

Agree! I'd go with minimal markings & an all-chrome finish, as that suits the 1950's era aesthetic much better than a complex scheme.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Nice one!

If you want to do the chequerboard, you can get decals to take the pain away:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fantasy-Printshop-Decals/CHECKS-/_i.html?_fsub=8501322

Think they do red sometimes too, but they're not in stock at the moment.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kerick

Quote from: Weaver on September 08, 2016, 01:56:36 PM
Nice one!

I didn't know a person could find so many decals on the Bay of Evil. Thanks for the tip!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Weaver

Quote from: kerick on September 08, 2016, 07:35:55 PM
Quote from: Weaver on September 08, 2016, 01:56:36 PM
Nice one!

I didn't know a person could find so many decals on the Bay of Evil. Thanks for the tip!

Mwahahahahahaha.... ensnared another one..... :wacko:

Fantasy Printshop have lots of little sheets of 'fiddly' stuff like rescue markings and ejector seat triangles that you'd otherwise have to ruin kit sheets to steal, 'generics' like stripes, stars and a chequerboards, and a few oddball things like British prototype 'P' markings which are hugely useful for whiffers.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nighthunter

UEASA: United Earth AeroSpace Administration
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

kerick

I'll have to design my own decals for those!
Might be the better idea as I can't make up my mind so far....
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Terran Outer Space Science Exploration & Research Service ?

United States Earth Lunar Engineering Scientific Survey?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Cobra

You could say the Ship is with the United Nations Space Probe Agency. Do You have a Dymo Letratag Label Maker? you could Use one for the Lettering of Your Ship. Hope this Helps. Dan

kerick

Great ideas! Now I have even more choices to consider!!!!! ;)
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Sanded down the fins (again) and painted them flat steel with a brush. I finally settled on some decals so I might just finish this soon.
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Ahhhhh yeah!  Rock-et on!   Can't wait to see it all finished up and looking glam.   :mellow: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Its going to need a launching pad.......
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I think I just might have finished something!
Here's the pics to prove it!

Hope you like it!
It does need a base.
Tophe the Wise