Warsaw August 31st 1940

Started by NARSES2, September 07, 2016, 06:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Here's my latest, my third build of the new tool Airfix 1/72 Defiant. I won't go into details of the build as I've covered that previously, other than to say it all goes together very nicely, easily and quickly ; recommended.

No great backstory for this one, although I'll probably fill in a few more details for an article for the next issue of the S.I.G. Newsletter as I've realized I have a few alternate 1940 Polish AF builds now, even though my main alternate WWII scenario still has Poland being invaded in 1939.

So to get a polish 1940 Air Force I have a scenario where the German-Soviet Nonaggression Pact of 1939 doesn't happen until 1940 mainly because the conflict in the Khalkhin Gol region of East Asia spills over into early 1940 and thus the Soviets are unable to consider action on their Western Borders until the autumn of 1940. To some extent this is because General Georgy Zhukov is languishing in a Gulag having been a victim of the Great Purges in 1938. This also impacts on my alternate WWII scenario as far as events on the Eastern Front are concerned.

So here we have a Bolton Paul Defiant Mk I (Wyzywający I) of 113th Squadron Polish AF pictured outside Warsaw on 31st August 1940. Paints for the camouflage were from the Hataka Polish A.F. 1939 set plus my usual mix of Xtracrylic/Humbrol/Lifecolor. The transfers are from the Techmod PZL- P.11c sheet.

An enjoyable and quite relaxing project and has given me the urge to tackle another Polish 1940 project. A Blenheim perhaps ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Looks good.
I've always liked the Defiant and the new airfix kit is a good kit.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Old Wombat

Nice job, there, Chris! :thumbsup:

New tool Defiant looks bucket-loads better than my old-tool ones, which I used for the BP-W Defender!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Excellent job Chris. I like the way you've kept with the asymmetric Polish squarals too.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Excellent work Chris! No Russian lend-lease to the Poles?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Nice job on this one Chris ! The camo and markings look great. Love the underside shot !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.