B-1B Lancer launching from RAF Fairford 4th & 7th September

Started by Leading Observer, September 09, 2016, 01:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

kitnut617

We used to get the B-1B's at YYC (Calgary International) quite often when the Lethbridge Airshow was running, they would stay Friday and Saturday nights as the Lethbridge runway wasn't long enough for them. That all ended though when the USAF had their major base re-shuffle a few years ago. We don't see very much of their hardware anymore unless I go up to Cold Lake or Abbottsford
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Vulcan, she is not ! lol

One came to Sarnia a few years back and did a high-speed pass into the vert....and wow.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 09, 2016, 03:51:55 AM

Vulcan, she is not ! lol

But almost as loud in burner!

I may have seen that B-52 that came over with the Bones as there was something big with VERY long wings  ;D tracking over the Severn well south of the Bridges the day before y'day. It was too far away to identify but the timing was pretty close.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

eatthis

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2016, 03:56:15 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on September 09, 2016, 03:51:55 AM

Vulcan, she is not ! lol

But almost as loud in burner!

I may have seen that B-52 that came over with the Bones as there was something big with VERY long wings  ;D tracking over the Severn well south of the Bridges the day before y'day. It was too far away to identify but the timing was pretty close.
iv only seen the vulcan in the air at cosford (so about 1/2 a mile away?) and i was within 100 yards of a b1b idling once and the b1b was louder + the ground was still shaking AFTER it got airbourne!
never seen the vulcan takeoff though so might be an unfair comparison
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

PR19_Kit

Quote from: eatthis on September 10, 2016, 12:34:01 PM

never seen the vulcan takeoff though so might be an unfair comparison

Sadly you never will now, but it's about Force 6 on the Richter Scale.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

I've seen the effects on the human body of a B-1B take off with full burners.

RIAT 2000. at Cottesmore.

Pair of bones in attendance. Come departcher day theres a crowd of people by the perimeter fence behind the piano keys. As it happens they are on a public right of way. even so the police advise them to mover a little to one side for their own safety. Needless to say said crowd ignores the advice.

Bone number one turns on to the runway. jet pipes facing the crowd. And lets rip with all four burners and off into the wild blue yonder she goes. The crowd behind her are blown 30-40 feet into the air, despite some hanging on to the fence for dear life. These idiots are picking them selves up as Bone number two swings on the runway and repeats the event caused by Bone number one.

Que long line of ambulances taking the remains of the crowd to Leicester Royal infirmary A&E (Accident & Emergency).

That was a busy day for the onsite crash crews. An hour later a Dutch F-16 accidently BBQ'd two cars and a moter bike parked in the FRIAT enclosure.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

;D ;D ;D

Beats the Luftwaffe F.104's are saw at Greenham demolishing the "Camp"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.