What do you want from Freightdog? suggestions needed....

Started by Freightdog862, September 15, 2016, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 22, 2016, 04:20:07 PM

Czech Omega made kits of all the two-seater Hurricanes some time ago, got a copy of them all in my stash ---

Going by what they charge for their resin bits and bobs I bet they were pricey mate ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 23, 2016, 07:08:05 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 22, 2016, 04:20:07 PM

Czech Omega made kits of all the two-seater Hurricanes some time ago, got a copy of them all in my stash ---

Going by what they charge for their resin bits and bobs I bet they were pricey mate ?

Just a tad ----   :rolleyes:  and I got eight of them altogether too  ---- (various variants and ""planned"" variants)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

McColm

Maybe a reissue of the S-61L or S-61N Sea King conversion set in 1/72.
The BAe Nimrod AEW3 fore and aft resin nose plus tail fin in 1/144. I know that Cammett do it in 1/72 but this is a bit pricey and Anigrand do the 1/144 kit, not too sure if they do it in 1/72 as well.

zenrat

The things i'm always after for whiffing purposes are contra props, passenger (airliner style) seats and civilian pilots.  All 1/72.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2016, 04:02:25 AM
The things i'm always after for whiffing purposes are contra props, passenger (airliner style) seats and civilian pilots.  All 1/72.

Actually that reminds me of an idea I had ages ago: Whiffing Generics.

Make a range of the sort of generic parts that we end up robbing from perfectly good kits, but which we often don't actually care much about the specifics of. Things like jet nozzles, wheels and nose cones in a range of sizes.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

A pair of Rolls-Royce Tyne engines, I know that there is the Dart and the T56.
Passenger seats try model railway carriage  seating, there close but no cigar!

kitnut617

Colin already does a couple of sets of contra-props (IIRC), and airliner seats Magna Models did some (got one in the stash, it's a floor with a multitude of seats attached) and PJ productions do civilian pilots (again IIRC) All in 1/72 scale
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 20, 2016, 02:14:42 AM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 16, 2016, 03:44:16 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 15, 2016, 03:37:56 PM
I had suggested this before but got no feedback... If Freightdog already have 1/72 F-16CFTs for the Revell kit, why not make conversion sets for the latest Vipers, the E/F/I? There are no kits or conversions of the E/F available in 1/72.

Thanks for suggestion, and apologies for not replying before. I thought these options had been covered by Hasegawa and Kinetic? I will look into them.

Colin   

No worries! :thumbsup: The only kits currently being produced in 1/72 are the Kinetic and Hasegawa, both of the F-16I Sufa, and the Isracast 1/72 Sufa conversion, so i guess that the E/F conversions would be the real novelty.
The E and F versions were limited edition from Hasegawa in 2011, now it's almost impossible to buy one because they're very rare and very expensive, kinda like the Monogram F-16XL. Last one i saw selling was sold for around 90 pounds... :o
As you already have the CFT's, you'd only need the E's tail base, a few small sensors, scoops, vents and navigation lights. Both the Sufa and the F have the short electronics spine, besides a few small scoops, they're exactly the same.
I think most of the Viper fans out there would be very interested in such conversion sets, and i imagine that quite a few whiffers would too... ;D

:cheers:

How about an F-16XL conversion set?

Fairly pricey to the customer maybe and would take some time to do the Masters but it would sell steadily I would think.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

What about an open drag parachute, I've seen the HP Victor deploy them?
Never tried building one, would be ideal for those who build spacecraft.

Mossie

I've sometimes wondered if drag chutes would be a good candidate for vac-forming.  I've never been quite sure how to attach them to a model, stiff wire is the obvious solution but how much would it bend without looking too overscale?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on September 24, 2016, 08:28:12 AM
A pair of Rolls-Royce Tyne engines, I know that there is the Dart and the T56.
Passenger seats try model railway carriage  seating, there close but no cigar!
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 24, 2016, 09:01:42 AM

Colin already does a couple of sets of contra-props (IIRC), and airliner seats Magna Models did some (got one in the stash, it's a floor with a multitude of seats attached) and PJ productions do civilian pilots (again IIRC) All in 1/72 scale

Thanks for the pointers guys.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on September 24, 2016, 02:59:27 PM
I've sometimes wondered if drag chutes would be a good candidate for vac-forming.  I've never been quite sure how to attach them to a model, stiff wire is the obvious solution but how much would it bend without looking too overscale?

Another thing you could do, in resin or vac-form, would be a collapsed drag 'chute lying on the floor.

Re the wires bending, you could always have the 'chute touching the runway or be very close to it on a clear acrylic rod or panel.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

A few (very few) 1/25 dragsters came with deployed braking 'chutes.
I don't have any so can't help with how they supported them.
Fred