What do you want from Freightdog? suggestions needed....

Started by Freightdog862, September 15, 2016, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Maintrack is long defunct, most of their stuff seems to have ended up at Whirlybirds.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on September 29, 2016, 12:10:25 PM
Maintrack is long defunct, most of their stuff seems to have ended up at Whirlybirds.

At twice or three times the price...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2016, 02:56:28 PM
Quote from: Hobbes on September 29, 2016, 12:10:25 PM

At twice or three times the price...............

Wasn't Maintrack ---  I think it was a company called 3Delivered. I found the sets I have (got two) and had a look, but there's no name on or in the packages.

Nope! it was Spectre Resins ---- these ones

http://millcreekconsultants.com/SR-AC-1.html

Check out some of the stuff he has here, look in Spectre Resins section

http://millcreekconsultants.com/index.html
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Freightdog862

Thanks for the suggestions guys, some feasible ones, just need kits of the subjects to stick them on!

Getting close to finalizing my new stuff for Telford, only five new resin sets if they all make it, and one has some definite whif potential, but more of that when I know it will make the show. Should also have a decal sheet of British test aircraft schemes, just need to finish it for the printers by the end of the week (no pressure then!).

Colin       

king of men

All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

kitbasher

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 12, 2016, 02:30:58 AM
Getting close to finalizing my new stuff for Telford, only five new resin sets if they all make it, and one has some definite whif potential, but more of that when I know it will make the show. Should also have a decal sheet of British test aircraft schemes, just need to finish it for the printers by the end of the week (no pressure then!).

Giz us some more clues so we can preorder, Colin!!!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

chrisonord

Sorry to be late to this one as I have been having a ponder over what I would like and what would be a reasonable thing to ask for. I would like a 1/72nd scale conversation kit to make a stock F16 into an F16 XL. I am sure Colin would have no trouble making said conversion
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on November 08, 2016, 10:22:40 AM
Sorry to be late to this one as I have been having a ponder over what I would like and what would be a reasonable thing to ask for. I would like a 1/72nd scale conversation kit to make a stock F16 into an F16 XL. I am sure Colin would have no trouble making said conversion

And it would sell like hot cakes, as the Monogram one seems to be virtually extinct.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 08, 2016, 11:30:01 AM
And it would sell like hot cakes, as the Monogram one seems to be virtually extinct.

The Monogram one turns up in under table sales and on a certain online auction site fairly frequently. Its how I got all the examples that have passed throu my hands in the last ten years or so.

However a decent new tool or conversion in 72nd would be welcome
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

dogsbody

I'd like to see some 4-blade props to go with the Revell 1/72 Halifax improvement sets.

Chris
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

DogfighterZen

Quote from: chrisonord on November 08, 2016, 10:22:40 AM

That would be very welcome for sure, but to make the fuselage extension parts, that would make the whole conversion much more complicated. Yukio Kanezawa did it by casting the whole fuselage, wings and tail, making it a much easier job than chopping up a kit and attaching resin extensions to the plastic. You only need the rest of the smaller bits like the intake, nozzle, canopy, etc., from the Hasegawa F-16A/B kit.
But i guess Colin could do it for the Revell kits, resin top and bottom fuselage with wings, the rest would be from the kit. And it would probably be cheaper than the Lonestar stuff, so IMHO, would be very welcome indeed.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

chrisonord

Quote from: Martin H on November 08, 2016, 01:08:49 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 08, 2016, 11:30:01 AM

The Monogram one turns up in under table sales and on a certain online auction site fairly frequently. Its how I got all the examples that have passed throu my hands in the last ten years or so.

However a decent new tool or conversion in 72nd would be welcome
Well Martin, if one should pass through your hands, keep hold of it as I will have one from you mate.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

elmayerle

Quote from: Mossie on September 28, 2016, 02:09:29 PM
Another idea, F11F-1F Super Tiger conversion for the Hasegawa F11F kit.  New canopy, spine, intakes and rear fuselage/exhaust.

As well as the brightly painted prototypes, it's got a lot of whiff potential.  I've got the Ginter book, again willing to lend it if needed.
+!
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Fudge

I may have already asked for this,  but a two seat P1154 RAF trainer version would be great  or a BAC P45 would be nice.
Alan

The Wooksta!

I'm hoping the Seafire 46 conversion kits are still available.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic