What do you want from Freightdog? suggestions needed....

Started by Freightdog862, September 15, 2016, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 20, 2017, 11:11:29 AM

IIRC the FROG one was the only one with the side windows included, wasn't it? I had one at one time, but sold it to someone on here (Kitbasher maybe?) and it had instructions for the AIRFIX Wellington in the plastic bag!  :o

Yes, it's a Mk.I and yes it comes with a copy of the Airfix instructions, even though the parts are completely different when you compare the two kits. The Frog-Spawn kit I have is by Maquette

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 20, 2017, 09:49:04 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 20, 2017, 02:16:51 AM
I know I'm going to regret saying this  ;D but it doesn't look that bad Robert

Chris, as Lee has commented on a number of times, the resin medium and quality is a lot to be desired, but some of the conversions turn out quite good when you do a bit of ""modeling""  I've got quite a few of them.

I've built a fair few Unicraft kits Robert (and have a few more in the stash) and in all honesty once finished I've been quite pleased with them. Getting there has been fun but I just do a little bit at a time and if frustration sets in walk away and work on some Tamiya kit or similar.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 21, 2017, 05:47:07 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 20, 2017, 11:52:00 AM
Quote from: Martin H on May 20, 2017, 11:23:06 AM

Hmm i might be able to resize the unicraft parts if I scanned them into my 3d printer. Mind you I would have to buy the conversion first. Not sure I realy want to go that far  ;D

Borrow Robert's?  ;D ;)

It's not glued together yet   :angel:

Exactly, that's why it's so suitable for OGL to work his wonders on a copy of it so that it'd fit the available Wimpy kits......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 21, 2017, 11:53:48 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on May 21, 2017, 05:47:07 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 20, 2017, 11:52:00 AM
Quote from: Martin H on May 20, 2017, 11:23:06 AM

Hmm i might be able to resize the unicraft parts if I scanned them into my 3d printer. Mind you I would have to buy the conversion first. Not sure I realy want to go that far  ;D

Borrow Robert's?  ;D ;)

It's not glued together yet   :angel:

Exactly, that's why it's so suitable for OGL to work his wonders on a copy of it so that it'd fit the available Wimpy kits......

It could go in the box the MB5 gets sent in Kit ----

McColm

Would it be possible to create the Boeing
F-13A/RB-29 camera pack to fit the forward bomb bay?
I did try and use the Airfix Vickers Valiant photo/reconnaissance parts on one of my RB-29 builds, the curvature isn't quite right.

JayBee

Just a suggestion as I suspect the sales potential might not be high enough, but..........

A conversion kit to turn the Micro Mir Miles Aerovan into the HDM 105.

With wings like that I suspect that at least one member of this forum would be VERY interested.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on June 13, 2017, 07:38:58 AM
Just a suggestion as I suspect the sales potential might not be high enough, but..........

With wings like that I suspect that at least one member of this forum would be VERY interested.

I can't imagine anyone who'd fit that bill.  ;D

I didn't know MicroMir did an Aerovan, a lovely little aeroplane, I'll have to look out for one of them.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2017, 08:15:56 AM

I didn't know MicroMir did an Aerovan, a lovely little aeroplane, I'll have to look out for one of them.

One arrived on my door step yesterday. It does look rather nice in the box.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2017, 08:15:56 AM

Hannants got it in about a week ago.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MM72-011

I am still swithering, the IDFAF operated one which makes it of great interest to me, and it is just such a wonderful Whiffery subject.  :rolleyes:

If Colin did do the conversion kit, you could combine it with an Airfix Skyvan (and lots of hard work) to make the HDM 106.

Jim

Jim

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

PR19_Kit

I've just seen the price of it!!!!  ;D

£25.00 for a model that'd just about fit in the palm of my hand? They have to be taking the piss!

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Either that or they are now employing Hasegawa's accountants.  :wacko:

Cats are not real. 

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2017, 12:50:51 PM

£25.00 for a model that'd just about fit in the palm of my hand? They have to be taking the piss!

Some years ago I was buying quite a few High Planes Models kits, originally I was getting them through Hannants but then discovered they had a website.  I found what Hannants was selling in GBP, say 25 GBP, direct from HPM is was Aus$25. At the time the currency rate was 2.5 Aus$ to the GBP.  Even with shipping from Australia to Canada it wouldn't come anywhere close to what Hannants' price and that was even 'before' shipping was added in.

NARSES2

A few years ago I had a similar issue with Hannant's over the price of a resin Italian bomber kit. Sterling price was the same number as the Euro price on the Czech Website (in the days when Sterling was strong). After I'd queried this at the Southern Expo show they reduced the price in the U.K. appropriately.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

No, they do that with the new Xtracatheter........

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on June 19, 2017, 01:38:01 PM

No, they do that with the new Xtracatheter........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards
Kit