What do you want from Freightdog? suggestions needed....

Started by Freightdog862, September 15, 2016, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Replacement set for the guns carried on a AC-130 Gunship.
QuickBoost do the resin guns for the AC-47, apart from scratch building there's no alternative.

McColm

There are several resin kits for the F-16 conformal fuel tanks.
The Typhoon and the advanced Super Hornet are due to include conformal fuel tanks in the latest update.
Is it possible to get the two ends cast and sand the resin body into shape?

McColm

Would it be possible for you to do a conversion of the Dassault Breguet Br1150 Atlantic 1 ATL1 to the Atlantique 2 ATL2.
L'Arsenal do a ATL 2 set but the price is more than the Revell or Mach2 kit.
They also do the Exocet missile rack.
I'm not too sure if there's a resin Exocet missile set in 1/72 scale.

Rolead

Hi Colin,

Can we have a new nose for the new Airfix Phantom in the A&AE scheme please.

Robert

Freightdog862

Quote from: Rolead on October 19, 2017, 08:47:51 AM
Hi Colin,

Can we have a new nose for the new Airfix Phantom in the A&AE scheme please.

Robert

Bloody good idea Robert, I take a look at that.

Colin

McColm

Any chance of a civvie nose for the 1/72 Consolidated Catalina?

Freightdog862

McColm

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 19, 2017, 03:01:51 PM
Quote from: McColm on October 19, 2017, 02:56:27 PM

Maybe, why not.....
I usually get shot down in flames if I suggest something on this page.
Thanks

Freightdog862

Quote from: McColm on October 19, 2017, 03:10:53 PM

Maybe, why not.....
Thanks

Don't worry, all suggestions are considered, quietly. I have a friend who works with the Catalina Society and has a massive library, will ask him. Problem might be that like many civil modifications, the can vary from one to another. I have a Broplan set that I think has faired over nose? Anyway, I will look into it as I'd like to do some civil stuff.

Colin

PR19_Kit

The ex-Danish Air Force Catalina at Cosford has a turret-less nose that's been carried over to many civvie Cats as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: Freightdog862 on October 20, 2017, 04:16:15 AM
Quote from: McColm on October 19, 2017, 03:10:53 PM

Maybe, why not.....
Thanks

Don't worry, all suggestions are considered, quietly. I have a friend who works with the Catalina Society and has a massive library, will ask him. Problem might be that like many civil modifications, the can vary from one to another. I have a Broplan set that I think has faired over nose? Anyway, I will look into it as I'd like to do some civil stuff.

Colin
Thanks Colin
The Airfix kit is the PBY-5A amphibious variant, whilst Revell do the MkII A which has beaching gear. I have both in the stash and they don't line up. The Airfix is slightly longer.
RVHP do the PBY-6 conversion set in resin.
I'm not too sure about the other manufacturers what marks their kits are based on.

Freightdog862

The Academy kit is probably the best starting point, although even it is getting quite long in the tooth now. Think I have an Airfix one in the loft but it doesn't really compare with Academy versions.

Colin

McColm

I maybe wrong but didn't Freightdog used to do a 1/72 4 blade propeller that could be used on a Avro Lincoln?
I haven't seen this for quite some time, as most publications make the mistake and say that the Avro Shackleton has eight contra-rotating propellers. It would make an interesting whiff.

McColm

Would it be possible for you to cast the fore and aft nose cones of the BAe Nimrod AEW.3 in 1/144 scale as this would fit neatly in the range of 1/144 AWACS conversion sets available?

The  Cammett/MasterCast set in 1/72 doesn't seem to be restocked. There was an inferior set available on eBay but that's not available either.

kitnut617

I have a civvie nose for one of the Academy Catalinas. Made by Scott McTavish who runs an outfit called Invader Hobbies. He had a shop in Calgary but has since closed it up but I think he's now only on Facebook or something like that.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike