What do you want from Freightdog? suggestions needed....

Started by Freightdog862, September 15, 2016, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

A couple thoughts, a "backdate" set for making a DH.110 prototype from a Sea Vixen FAW.1.

Now that Airfix has a 1/48 Hunter coming out, perhaps two-seat conversion sets as well as 1/48 versions of all the other Hunter goodies you have in 1/72.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

TsrJoe

hmm, admittedly not my scale but a two seat conversion for the new Airfix Hunter would be a sure seller, possibly a T.8M for the fish heads too to go with their Kinetic Harriers, further options which would sell reasonably well too could be backdating sets to earlier marks or even the F.3 record breaker and early F.1 prototype

72 scale F.4K/M upgrade set

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Freightdog862

Quote from: kitbasher on February 21, 2018, 12:19:08 AM
First a suggestion: replacement radome for the FROG (and subsequent FROGspawn) Sea Venom.

And now a query: I saw in SAMI a while back that you were doing replacement noses for the FROG Javelin and Matchbox Meteor NF.  Pictures in the item too, but have not seen either on your website, Colin.  Was that 'fake news'?

EDIT: just seen the Javelin nose - apologies should've check the site one more time before asking.

I've done the Frog Javelin (very popular), and also Sea Vixen and Matchbox Meteor NF.14, but these are not on website yet. I've expanded the Meteor set to include the tropicalized intakes used by 60 Sqn in Singapore (same as found on NF.13 and converted NF.11 target tugs). Should have these cast up in March then on the website.

Colin 

Freightdog862

Quote from: TsrJoe on February 22, 2018, 03:54:05 AM
hmm, admittedly not my scale but a two seat conversion for the new Airfix Hunter would be a sure seller, possibly a T.8M for the fish heads too to go with their Kinetic Harriers, further options which would sell reasonably well too could be backdating sets to earlier marks or even the F.3 record breaker and early F.1 prototype

72 scale F.4K/M upgrade set

cheers, Joe

Hi Joe, I think AlleyCat will be hitting the Hunter with a big stick once it comes out, adapting the ex-Heritage masters for T.7/8 to fit it, I might do some bits for it.

Alistair McLean is working on the missing grills for the F-4K/M as we speak, and I think Air-Graphics will scrape up anything else. I'm just doing the stuff we talked about via messenger.   

Colin

kitbasher

Quote from: Freightdog862 on February 24, 2018, 06:34:03 AM
I've done the Frog Javelin (very popular), and also Sea Vixen and Matchbox Meteor NF.14, but these are not on website yet. I've expanded the Meteor set to include the tropicalized intakes used by 60 Sqn in Singapore (same as found on NF.13 and converted NF.11 target tugs). Should have these cast up in March then on the website.

Colin

ta
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Colin

Nice  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on February 24, 2018, 08:33:18 AM

Colin

Nice  :thumbsup:

Gondor

What Alastair said.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Is it possible you to provide a 1/144 flying boom, as I keep snapping off the stabilizer fins on the plastic kits?

Cobra

Could Freightdog Provide something Similar to a Concorde Style nose for People Trying to Recreate the Old Dog B-52 from "Flight of the Old Dog"? the Description mmentions a Concorde style Drooping Nose. Dan

McColm

I might have mentioned this before but I am interested in converting the Airfix 1/72 Armstrong Whitworth Whitley into the BV transport as used by BOAC.
As this kit is one of the best on the market the conversion to the Mk1 would be ideal with a set of decals as well.

The Wooksta!

Airfix already do the transport parts in the Whitley GR kit and it comes with BOAC decals anyhoo.  This was the ONLY reason I bought the second Airfix release.

Flightpath do a Tiger engine Whitley conversion, albeit for ye olde Frog kit but which may well fit the Airfix kit.  The Tiger engined Fly Whitley contains turret blanks for a transport type option and decals for said aircraft.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 26, 2018, 08:02:21 PM
Airfix already do the transport parts in the Whitley GR kit and it comes with BOAC decals anyhoo.  This was the ONLY reason I bought the second Airfix release.

Flightpath do a Tiger engine Whitley conversion, albeit for ye olde Frog kit but which may well fit the Airfix kit.  The Tiger engined Fly Whitley contains turret blanks for a transport type option and decals for said aircraft.
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Rolead

Chaff and flare parts for the inboard wing pylon for UK Phantoms as on the one at Hendon.

Robert

McColm

I call them wing-pins but I suppose that you would call them wing strengtheners or braces.
They are thin metal rods to strengthen the wing joints in the assembly of the Airfix Avro Vulcan or the Revell Dassault Breguet Atlantic. As the butt joint is a weak point. I usually use a metal coat hanger and cut it to the acquired length.