(#2 Done! pics pg.4&5 ) -- USAF F-110B Vulture

Started by TheChronicOne, September 18, 2016, 12:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Ahh, Ok!  Thank you for the tips.  I'm feeling much better about my next attempt already.  :lol:

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Not sure how this is going to turn out as the paint finish is sketchy in some areas...uhh... anyway... I'm also "trying" different things on this in the name of experimentation so uhh... yeah.   :o ;D

Anyway, I'm going to finish up doing my subtle panel line high lighting with the pencil and pen then it's a gloss coat over it all... then it dries a couple more days... then decals... then small parts glue on then one more coat of clear to seal everything up then It's done!!

:lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This thing is a mess!!   ;D

Still a touch of high lighting to do.  Then I have to paint the wheel wells with my awesome WASABI GREEN paint that looks like that chromate jive.

Should be decaling later...  I *think* I'll done this this evening but strange things have been going on lately around here.   :thumbsup:

-Sprues McDuck-

Librarian

Not a mess! NM is always a challenge and that seems pretty smooth to me. Looking forward to how she looks on her 'pins' ;D.

I'm grounded as the decals I was going to use decided to go tectonic on hitting the water so I'm awaiting (delayed) replacements :banghead:

TheChronicOne

Thanks bro!!  And sorry to hear about the decals! It's one thing when the decals are trashed and it's, "Oh, guess it'll be a whif then!!!" It's another when you want to use them...

There's actually a bit of fairly prevalent orange peel on the starboard side forward section of this thing because I left paint outside all night and tried spraying when it was around 50 degrees (F). WHAT AN IDIOT.. if not for that, things would be peachy... that saidm overall, I'm happy enough with it to leave it as is...   This is more about the overall show than "wow, look at the paint job!!" 

Anyway, check back in in around an hour or less..--it'll be done and there will be pictures ;I just spent 5 hours straight working on it and all I have left now are to glue on three small pieces.  I want to try to put a coat of gloss on it but I'll probably wait until tomorrow.

All put together, it's looking pretty neat!
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

All done!! I like it!! 

I have a long ways to go at getting better still but the end product is neato!

I took some liberty with the US AIR FORCE logo. (Had to make it fit.. so whatever)  The missiles there... ?  Uhh... Aim 0.5 Yard Chickens..whatever... use your imagination.  Let's see.. I already mentioned that it's a time travel result that the US acquired it then produced clones like the Soviets did with the B-29/ TU-4 (alternate timeline here, that sits in the The Final Countdownmovie universe) 

Can't sweep the wings right now because of the tanks. Slight oversight...   I'll break those tanks off tomorrow when I do outside pics so I can get them at about the half way point then fully swept.  Check back tomorrow to see those pics as the sun has set here and not much I can do about that. But yeah, I can get MUCH better pics tomorrow so come back and see those.

Anyway!!!  Once again... disappointed at certain mishaps during the build (spraying 50 degree paint, etc)  but more than pleased with the outcome and it really looks quite nice sitting a couple or more feet away.  Going to be awesome on the shelf.   :laugh:

Thanks for stopping by...
Brad
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Moved to a place with better light to get some more:

Anyone else the the similarity with an F-5 with the nose and canopy and section forward of the intakes? 

Anyway, like I said, I'll get more tomorrow when I can go outside and with the wings swept. 
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Looks darn good to me! Lord knows I had problems with my last project and the silver paint! Your's came out really well in comparison.
I like the overall concept too. :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

That looks great ! LOve all the decals and stencilling, really brings out the realism. I can see the F-5, but only after you mentioned it  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Well...that's a winner as far as I'm concerned. It's that second photo of the first batch that makes her look nice and busy. The overlapping US also works in a way, reminds me of the horseshoes seen on OV-10s. I still remember cracking open the brand new Airfix kit of the Flogger back in the 70s...it was so cool ;D.

TheChronicOne

Thanks guys!!!

Funny thing about that overlapping US... The whole transfer was already wet, off the paper, and on the model, before I realized it wouldn't all fit... had I tested it before hand like I normally do, I would have elected to do something else.  As it was... I rolled with it... pulled out the scissors and said to "Hell, I'll make it look like a baseball cap logo, it's all BS anyway."   ;D ;D ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Definitely works  :thumbsup: Slightly longer, more rounded nose and you have a scion of the Republic family. Perhaps with a F.105 as it's sire ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Excellent, I like it a lot! The USAF marking suit it disturbingly well, and I like the polished NMF, too. Just the OOB (Soviet) unguided missile pods look a bit out of place - maybe replace them with a pair of Sparrows?

Nice one!  :lol:

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.