Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Flyer on November 20, 2016, 10:55:02 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 20, 2016, 06:39:30 PM
I want to make mine a sliding canopy so it will be situated to the rear of the cockpit instead of cocked open.  I can't recall at the moment a similar configuration but I seem to remember certain US Navy craft or something having that set up.

A-6 Intruder?
>picture<

Yeah there we go!!  Side by side and all that! Perfect. I think it looks cool and the "other" way makes it look like a peeled back can top or something off some catfood or Popeye's spinach.  :D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Librarian on November 21, 2016, 02:27:25 AM
Quote from: Librarian on November 12, 2016, 12:18:38 AM
Reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLGz692ihAM

...and how could I have forgotten this. Starts at about 0.06 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GClXXOKe5Ik

HAHAHA!!!  I love it.

Imagine this... a few hundred years from now some deep sea explorer finds a bunch of piano keys at the bottom of the ocean with nothing else around to indicate a sunken ship...
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 21, 2016, 09:18:39 AM
Quote from: Librarian on November 21, 2016, 02:27:25 AM
Quote from: Librarian on November 12, 2016, 12:18:38 AM
Reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLGz692ihAM

...and how could I have forgotten this. Starts at about 0.06 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GClXXOKe5Ik

HAHAHA!!!  I love it.

Imagine this... a few hundred years from now some deep sea explorer finds a bunch of piano keys at the bottom of the ocean with nothing else around to indicate a sunken ship...

Excellent stuff! :laugh: Love that A-6, i'd never seen one with that camo. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

All the single seat Vampires had rearwards sliding canopies, so it's not beyond belief that DH could have done that on the T11 and NF10s as well.

The crews may have thanked them, it was quite a squeeze getting into a T11, from my limited personal experience anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Right then! Sliding sounds more like a winner than ever. 

I got all the painting done and got a gloss coat on. I also finally got all the transfers in order. This is going to be an interesting looking bird..

In the meantime... the cutting of in weathering technique.. .

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Pay me more attention, human!

Looks like fodder for an "exploding AFV" diorama, to me! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

All done!! I was worried about the nutjob livery but I think it turned out pretty damn decent for some weirdo stuff...  lol

This was SUPPOSED to be a Halloween Surprise for you all here, but I failed to get the kit soon enough.  Good thing, though, as I was able to put more effort into it instead of rushing.

The decals are from about 6-7 different things. Of note are the crosses on the fins - - those are those finger nail decorations decals.  Also of note, the round cross type thing on the port wing was from a set of transfers printed back when WWII was still on... either 1943 or 1944...   THEY STILL WORK!  A little bit fragile, sure, but held together better than stuff I've gotten out of factory sealed kits from the 80s.

I hope you all like my plane!  :laugh:

Brad
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Nice! You'll need a backstory the size of a novel for this!
Can't help thinking of a pair of eyes on the windscreen like in the movie Planes.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kerick on November 22, 2016, 07:40:44 PM
Nice! You'll need a backstory the size of a novel for this!
Can't help thinking of a pair of eyes on the windscreen like in the movie Planes.

HAHAH! Them eyes..... dude... Speaking of, I was this ---->||<---- close to sticking a warning stencil decal right smack in the middle of the windscreen for giggles but decided against it.  :D

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

What a neat looking Intruder ! Have not seen that one before. Great shot.

The Vampire looks great as well ! I like that colour combo on her.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-