Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Ha! Go figure!

Problem here is there is no way to go directly to the IRS with this stuff and that's why, among other reasons, it's such a pain to get done (in my experience). It has to be done via third party and none are the same and there are so many it's hard to keep track of. I hate it! I wish I could just go to IRS.gov and fill out forms, but noooooo, even the IRS themselves shuffle you away to a private company third party. It's very stupid!

I'm starting to believe in tax reform if for nothing else than to streamline some things and make it easier. YOU'D THINK THE GOVERNMENT WOULD WANT IT TO BE AS EASY AS POSSIBLE TO TAKE YOUR MONEY FROM YOU..........     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   I mean... more people actually pay tax than get it all back so why the hell would the gov't make it hard to give them money?! I just.... sheesh. I see why CPAs exist and why they are doing a booming business. Same reason lawyers exist.  There should be a rule of law that says the lay person ought be able to understand and interact with the government without being forced to hire a third party simply to play ball.

I just wish I could remember the company I used in years past (all free, but of course, in being free you just get no-frills returns done, if I owned some massive business and had tons of assetts I wouldn't "free-file and to get those types of returns done they definitely charge)     Last year everything worked fine. Year before that everything worked fine. THIS year, things are a disaster and nothing comes easy!  I do know one ting.... this time, when I finally get it figured out and find a good tax site to use, I'm going to write it down.  I might not be having half the problems I am now if I hadn't forgotten which sites I used in the past.  :angel: ;D

Airplanes... yeah, thanks bud!!!! A couple of worthy projects there.  These things are starting to approach "I would take this with me to a modeling show instead of leave it at the house" levels.  Ah hell, they're there now! I'd definitely tote these.  ;D  Dunno about winning anything but people could check them out. All hypothetically speaking, of course. Me, leave the house for something other than work or shopping? PFFftt.   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 16, 2018, 07:21:28 AM
I just wish I could remember the company I used in years past (all free, but of course, in being free you just get no-frills returns done, if I owned some massive business and had tons of assetts I wouldn't "free-file and to get those types of returns done they definitely charge)     Last year everything worked fine. Year before that everything worked fine. THIS year, things are a disaster and nothing comes easy!  I do know one ting.... this time, when I finally get it figured out and find a good tax site to use, I'm going to write it down.  I might not be having half the problems I am now if I hadn't forgotten which sites I used in the past.  :angel: ;D

I used CreditKarma this year and last, and while I don't have everything you do, its fairly straight forward.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

Thanks for the heads up! I will check them out tomorrow morning. I'm going to try again to get them filed before I go to work.

This would all be pretty hilarious if it turns out the one I filed 2 months ago DID go through....   :o    Pretty sure they wouldn't have accepted my extension if it had, though. So... wishful thinking on my part.  ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I'm biting the bullet today and going ahead and trying my best to get my kit stash organized and do a bit of clean up in here. I have the left over entrails of a few kits that I need to consolidate and I need to also get rid of the random loose non-modelling-items that wind up with this stuff somehow. Everything from an NES zap gun to cookies and mail.  ;D ;D

I'm hesitant to take any pictures of my kit stash "before" the clean up because I haven't vacuumed the floor in a week and that's where most of them are... just piled up on the floor! (the empty space I used to have was nice while it lasted  :rolleyes: :lol:  )

Will I even get finished? If I put my nose down and just grinded on it I could have it done in a couple hours I imagine but I get distracted and stuff so who knows.

Thinking about making a thread about "stash theory" if I can't find an existing one and asking everyone how they go about organizing their stash. But for now, what think ye?

Mine is going to be patch work.....   It would be nice to do by manufacturer or something but that would only be if I had tons of like boxings so some of the stuff will be a collection by manufacturer (Like: I have 10-11 US Airfix kits all in the same style box, I'll keep them together) but then I might group L-29s and L-39s all together regardless of manufacture simply because I only have 5 or 6 but they'r all different. Then maybe I'll group all my "small sized" boxes together then my LARGE stuff together like the 1/72 Boeing 707, the C-5 Galaxoes, 1/72 Tu 160's and stuff like that with bigazz boxes. Then, I have some of my really nice Hasegawa kits that will probably all wind up together.... so on and so forth. I'll figure a lot of it out as I go.

Lastly, I'm accumulating a pretty damn big pile of 1/48 and some various box scale kits ,as I've mentioned at times before, and all aside from some of my favorite subjects or something I can kitbash have to go as I can't handle the size of it. I'm already in too deep with some of the 1/72 and even 1/144 kits and if I'm not careful I'll have no place to live because all this crap will have pushed me out onto the street!  SO...  I'll be needing to figure out what to do with it be it sell it or trade it. Some of the stuff is pretty neat and a couple items might even be a little bit sought after.. I'm not sure but some of it is pretty cool and ought to amount to something for someone who wants them.

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Oh man, I done stepped off in it now....    :banghead: ;D

It's all tore apart now and things are strung out everywhere. It's like a tornado passed through here. I have no choice BUT to get it at least "more" organized.  :o :-X

There're more piles than this...   :unsure:   Won't be getting any actual modelling done today for sure. I need to get this disaster at least to where this room is usable again.  Good news is, I have a lot of good room to store larger items underneath my bed and that should help matters.

I don't know whether having this many kits is cool, or embarassing.  :unsure: ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Doing the best I can here..  :unsure:   

I'm slowly starting to get piles of like items going and have even managed to put some away where I want them to be in the end-game. One big pile I have barely even touched. I'm trying to get the other big pile advanced into a further state of organization to open up room then I'll start with the other and integrate them. 

Snapped some photos of some of my kits and some collections within collections. No building and no build pictures so I can at least snap some pics of what I'm doing so things aren't so boring!

Here's my Japanese aggressors  :lol: :

Here's some lil Japanese planes, one is an aggressor, too! Trainers:

I often say pink is an underrated color and I have a couple kits to back it up:

Vaseline smeared pictures but they work for me.

It's fun going through kits and seeing the neat stuff but this is a right pain in the arse. I'll feel like a million bucks once it's all done, though! Everything being all neat, orderly, and organized will free up a ton of room and help eliminate "mental clutter" every time I look at my stash or wonder where a certain item is at.

Probably won't finish this tonight but I'm still going to try.  :o ;D

EDIT:   Ha! I give up. It's 9PM and I've been up since just past 3AM this morning in order to work before it became too warm out. Did that for over 9 hours then started this mess . .. .. .I'm tired and worn out now and can go no further.   :o ;D    I'm off to a hell of a start, though. If I can keep from losing motivation it should be an easier task to finish when I get started again in a day or two.
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 17, 2018, 04:52:09 PM
I don't know whether having this many kits is cool, or embarassing.  :unsure: ;D ;D ;D ;D

"... this many kits ..." [Snigger! Snigger!] ;D ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 17, 2018, 02:47:04 PM

Thinking about making a thread about "stash theory" if I can't find an existing one and asking everyone how they go about organizing their stash. But for now, what think ye?

That way lies madness, just 'Keep on Accumulating'...............  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

As you asked...

Starting at the shed door.
Cupboard one has Japanese cars, Volkswagens, NASCARs, Mopars, Vans and Fords.
Cupboard two has General Motors, Funny Cars and TV/Movie cars.
Cupboard three has Hot Rods, Kustoms, Gassers, kits suitable to be made into Hot Rods or Kustoms or Gassers and Station Wagons.
Cupboard Four is what used to be the vanity in our en-suite.  It is under my bench and has three sections.
RH side of cupboard four contains  Military Aircraft 1914 to 1946ish.
LH side of cupboard four contains Military Aircraft 1946ish to current, Civilian Aircraft and Helicopters.
Space between the top of the cupboard four and the bottom of the bench holds Big Aircraft kits, Armour and a Pibber.
Cupboard five is smaller and has Aircraft weapons and 1/72 Vehicles.
Cupboard six is two old bedside tables screwed together on wheels.
LH side of cupboard six contains Sci Fi kits.
RH side of cupboard six contains Gundam kits.
And in addition to the cupboards there is, over the bench, the collection of Hasegawa "Box Art & Font" Aircraft Kits.
All cars are 1/25 or 1/24 except a 1/20 Snomobile Dragster and a non-scale deformed pickup truck.
All aircraft are 1/72 (obviously).
Armour is 1/35 and 1/48.
Aircraft Weapons are 1/72 except for a few 1/48 ones which come in usefull as scratchbuilding shapes.
1/72 Vehicles are 1/72.
Sci Fi is all 1/72.

It is all kept in cupboards (with the doors shut) as apart from the Hasegawa collection (most of which display price labels for $10 or less) Mrs z doesn't ever need to see how many unbuilt kits I have.

And i'm not OCD about it.  If something won't fit in the "right" cupboard I just shove it into one where there is room.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!  I can see the methodology and am definitely thinking along similar lines for me aircrafts. I'm going to make a separate pile for my pre WWII stuff and post WWII stuff and have three groups and hope for the best. This is after I do my "mini collections" of course and am just left with a big pile of random kits that don't fit with others either because of manufacturer, size, etc. Cramming all my big stuff under the bed aside from a couple I might leave out sitting around as decoration.  I have about 30-40 bagged kits and they're already in boxes and inventory written on the outside so they're good to go. I'm getting pretty close to the point where I'm no longer "taking apart" and will just be putting things where they will finally actually end up. I reeeeeeeeeeeeaally would like to be done with this by the end of the day tomorrow. Not messing with it today, however! It's break time!  :wacko:

It was nice, though, this morning. When I got up and looked over at the pile I was working on yesterday it's already smaller in size, more neatly stacked and organized, and just "feels" better than some sloppy pile of mess. It'll be easier finding things in the long run too and at some point the time I save NOT looking for kits will exceed the time spent organizing it all.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Tons of work and errands today but I should be able to get back to work on this by early afternoon and I will try to get it done by early evening so I can maybe work on an actual build.

:angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

Steel Penguin

err several boxes in the cupboard, stacked round the work room, in the airing cupboard several boxes in the loft and 2 and 3 deep under the double bed,  all "carefully" jengaed so that the boxes fit in the space provided, sometimes with 2 or 3 of the same kit in the box or 5 kits across 3 boxes.
any semblance of  order is secondary to closest packing faction  :thumbsup:
but that's what I want / have / have got.  If you have more space, or a better system, or a larger stash you may need to organise far better. 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

TheChronicOne

Sounds reasonable. I may wind up doing the "make it fit, no matter the type" in my under the bed space and just try to remember what's there if I need it in the future. I want to cram all my large boxes in there and then I'll likely fill in what space is left with random kits left over that don't fit into other collections. This way there shouldn't be too many smaller boxes thus making them easier to remember. I'm trying to have some semblance of order but like you, if I can fill up an empty space, I probably should! Maybe I can stick my airliners down there or something that way I know if anything, it's big kits and airliners under there.

Anyway.... 3:15 in the afternoon now. This is late in the day as far as I'm concerned having started at 4 this morning and I only just 20 minutes ago stopped mowing finally. Needless to say I'm pretty tired so I might not finish this stash mess after all but......  as normal... I'm going to TRY. The longer I sit here, the more lazy I'm getting though.  ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Good Lord! I've been doing this long enough now that I'm starting to get tired of it all.  :o ;D  All the more reason to press on and try to get it done. I kind of doubt I will, because it's closing in on 7PM now, but I ain't done yet.

I've moved 10 of my largest kits to the back underneath my bed. Most were sitting up against the wall flat and with another stacked on top so they didn't take up that much room but combined it's made a difference and I can now stack all the little stuff there and it will not take up as much of a footprint.

Also, I think I've managed to get all non-modelling things out of the way so all that is sitting on the floor are actual kits. Progress!

I think I have my under bed Left Overs section decided. I'll stick all my Star Trek and other sci fi type kits under there. I also have a place cleaned out for my airliners and I hope they all fit because I gotta cram 2.5 Galaxies in there with 'em.

TTYL!  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-