Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2018, 03:38:10 PM
I didn't know Jameson made decal setting fluid................  ;D ;)

You just know someone is now going to try it  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

HMMMM...  I believe, by volume, Jameson is cheaper than Microset/scale.  ;D ;D ;D   (actually, I know it is, and by quite a healthy margine)
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

I'd bet money that it tastes better too, but I'd be unwilling to try the Micro product!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Micro Set/Sol is acidic.  It tastes like vinegar.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Oddly enough, when I sniffed the liquid decal maker, it reminded me of gin for some reason. (I hate gin)
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 18, 2018, 02:59:22 AM

That's because basically as far as I understand that's what it is, a very diluted form anyway.

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 18, 2018, 03:15:20 AM
Oddly enough, when I sniffed the liquid decal maker, it reminded me of gin for some reason. (I hate gin)

Now I love a good gin, but I do tend to drink it "long" with a lot of tonic, ice and a slice of fresh lime.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 18, 2018, 02:59:22 AM

Yes, I know, don't ask you how you know that, eh?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Back to work on the BAC 111. Having to drag transfers all corners of the universe just to make it happen. BUT... I'm happy to report that at this moment I have all I need and they seem to be working so far...    The two major parts I need to work are the airliner name and the airliner logo decals. If they go on properly then this will be a success, other wise it will be livery change #4 but at least the registration and cheatlines will be on. To that end, here's a bit of a preview:

Not too bad!! I may even skip filling the windows with PVA.. 
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I've hit second wind with the BAC 111 build. I should be done with it today. All the transfers are on (aside from some that I might leave off anyway....) and all the painting is now done aside from 4-5 antennas that I'll paint after I super glue them on. At this very moment, I'm waiting on the enamel paint I put on the slats or whatever to dry up then I'll de-mask that crap and glue on the fiddly bits. After that, I gloss it then it's done! I have to say, it looks really nice! Wouldn't win any awards thanks to all the stuff I skipped but the paint finish is glorious (smoothest one I've ever done with rattle cans...  pretty impressive to be honest, especially for a crap modeller like me) and the livery seems to be working out. I was a bit worried about that because it's 3/4 made up and the transfers are barely working and are from lots of different places.

So, check back in about 4 hours for pictures!!!  :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I give up. To hell with this thing. :angry: ;D Everything today went real well. ALL I had left was to put the last coat of gloss on to seal everything in. I contemplated just leaving it alone to avoid exactly what happened. But I didn't, so for some inexplicable reason the yellow cheatline crazed. Some of the white, too. It's been a few days drying so I figured it was long enough but I guess not. Oh well. Next time I'll let each individual thing I paint dry up for about two weeks before I do anything else with it.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: It looks great from a distance!!!!  ;D ;D ;D       I'll have to get better, non washed out pictures....   Just so frustrating for such a thing to occur at literally the last step....   
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 18, 2018, 04:20:27 PM

EDIT: It looks great from a distance!!!!  ;D ;D ;D     

It certainly does.  :thumbsup:

The crazing is invisible from here. Ah yes, I'm around 4000 miles away though............  ;)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2018, 10:23:44 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 18, 2018, 04:20:27 PM

EDIT: It looks great from a distance!!!!  ;D ;D ;D     

It certainly does.  :thumbsup:

The crazing is invisible from here. Ah yes, I'm around 4000 miles away though............  ;)

Second that.

(14,500 km distant)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks!! I'll get better pictures soon. I can't abide these washed out vaseline smeared messes.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Sometimes you just seem to get a kit which is jinxed  :-\

Certainly looks o.k. from here, but then I'm a little farther East than Kit

TheChronicOne

Has to be it! Cursed. Most of it probably my own fault but there were more than a few things that I've done in the past with no problems yet went wrong on this build. Ah well! I can't wait to get to the next one. Each one of these I knock out is more stuff learned and more practice and sciencing done.

Time to make a racing airliner.   :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-