Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The An-12 looks like it's in the middle of a firing run over your workbench!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Here's my APT-E again. I was working on it today and it still looks pretty good, but not tilt failed now of course.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Excellent!! It looks great. Has to be a point of pride! I bet none of the ones running between D.C. and Boston will ever look that good again.   :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2019, 02:43:21 PM
Here's my APT-E again. I was working on it today and it still looks pretty good, but not tilt failed now of course.  ;D

Sorry Kit, but all her thunder is stolen by that glorious beast standing next to her.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Happy to hear you're feeling better, Brad. That sort of thing is no fun at all...

And don't worry - you're not that old yet... wait 'till you hit the other side of 50...  :-\

The Trojan came out well; sometimes we need a simple, straightforward, 'slap-it-together' build to clear the fog and reset things.
And if the build comes out well, that's good, too, of course.  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2019, 06:24:48 PM

Sorry Kit, but all her thunder is stolen by that glorious beast standing next to her.

But the 'glorious beast' can only so 100 mph (officially...) and it doesn't go round corners quickly.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 12, 2019, 01:48:20 AM
Happy to hear you're feeling better, Brad. That sort of thing is no fun at all...

And don't worry - you're not that old yet... wait 'till you hit the other side of 50...  :-\

The Trojan came out well; sometimes we need a simple, straightforward, 'slap-it-together' build to clear the fog and reset things.
And if the build comes out well, that's good, too, of course.  :lol:
Thanks, yeah! -- It was great not to have to fuss with tons of fiddly things or 6 trillion different colors of paint and masking. Looking forward to the one week GB so I can do another ultra-simple build. I think I might build one of my BD-5's. Should be a simple build, yeah? I have no clue what the theme would be. I'd like to militarize it of course.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Diorama idea!!  I just saw this out on the Internet Proper and..... well... who makes 1/144 elephants?!  :mellow: :mellow:

Meanwhile, I've primed my gunship. It actually looks pretty good! I may not have to do much PSR at all. That's kind of the goal... even there are minor flaws and blemishes here or there, I'd rather move the build forward than get bogged down.

I've sanded the 737 again, as well. The finish was much better this time but still contained flaws. Now I'm contemplating whether or not I should ignore the directions on the can. It says that if I don't do it within 30 minutes, that I should wait a week to re-coat. Well... It's been 24 hours and after sanding. The paint can is warmed up and ready to roll so it's hard to resist the tempation to go ahead and put another coat on. Waiting another 6 days is kind of rough. I could go ahead and try it as an expirment but if it goes tits-up I won't be too pleased....         It's a conundrum.  :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Time to abuse the blog. I'm going through pictures in my computer right now and just thought it would be fun to share a few.

Trojan

Hercules

Swilling beer and looking at neat pictures of aircraft makes one want to share them.   :lol: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Continuing the theme of somewhat random, yet related postings....   I saw this on FB a minute ago.

A SIPA-200. 1/144.

How neat is this thing. No information was posted....  it was spotted at a show, obviously, but that's about it for info.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 12, 2019, 05:19:51 PM
Diorama idea!!  I just saw this out on the Internet Proper and..... well... who makes 1/144 elephants?!  :mellow: :mellow:

Preiser do HO ones  ;D The old Airfix Zoo Set is probably nearer HO then OO as well. Plus there are loads of white metal ones intended for wargamming out there. Most will come with separate riders and howdahs, indeed Carthaginian ones will only have riders and be a fair bit smaller then most as they were North African Mountain Elephants rather than Indian ones. So 15mm ones should do  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 12, 2019, 08:02:31 PM

I've got a decal sheet for that, it's on the LARGE size, as you can imagine.  :o

They had the same scheme on an A-300B later on too.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]