Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Thanks for reminding me I'm at hospital tomorrow for my follow up  :o :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 16, 2016, 06:27:31 AM
Thanks for reminding me I'm at hospital tomorrow for my follow up  :o :o

Best of luck and .....   don't forget your holy water.. . . . . .     ;D ;D

Ooooh...speaking of, that brings me to my next blog post, as a matter of fact.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This morning as I was beggining to wake up while in that 40% awake state all kinds of inspiration came to me. Over in the "ideas" forum I've a post about Vatican City Air Force. Well, this morning the stuff all hit me. In my mind I've always had an idea of how I wanted to do one possible variation. A simple, clean, bright, vibrant white plane with gold accent and some crosses. At the time I didn't have anything I could use but I realized this morning that I do now!

The gold lines there are obvious...  gold trim on certain areas. The little firebirds??? At that size, they look like DOVES... perfect to go on the vertical stabilizer. Next up, clear sprue that I can cut down to size. Cork that I can cut down to size to combine with the clear sprue to make vials of holy water to drop on Vampires! I'll dig up some letters and numbers for unit/craft designators and lastly I have some crosses water slides coming (so I can put some on the Vampire) that just happen to have a nice cross with simple blue wings that I can use as roundels.

I might have a whole alternate universe taking shape here with the Vampires and Holy Men.

One more thing, too, I get to dig into the stash and pick a plane for all this so I may as well use another old kit and have a fourth build for the OKGB.   :thumbsup:

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

OK! I wanted to use up something that didn't come with any decals and even better, no box or instructions.

It's down to these two:

(both 1/72, obviously!)

Fiat G.55 by Aliplast on the left. 1962. Originally came like this:

Logo reminds me of Italeri....  American based Italeri perhaps ??  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/188568-aliplast-101-fiat-g-55-centauro#

Regianne Re.2001 (1970s) (for some reason, when ya search this through scalemates nothing comes up,yet, when I google searched, I found it... on scalemates.... go figure. Google can find things on scalemates but scalemates can't find stuff on scalemates?!  )

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/144273-italeri-101-reggiane-re-2001#

-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kerick on November 16, 2016, 09:44:27 AM
Both Italian, perfect for Vatican City AF.

I wish I could say I planned that but I was just randomly grabbing bagged kits with no decals. Just turns out both of these were Italian. Heck of a stroke of luck, that!   Must be a sign...   ;)   
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Knocked out a bunch of painting today. Cockpit, tires, gear, some antenna lookin things, the pilots, and probably a couple other things I've forgotten about.

More to come soon!
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Have you thought about larger Holy Water Bombers?

Also, AAMs with wooden stake tips?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Quote from: zenrat on November 17, 2016, 12:34:52 AM
Have you thought about larger Holy Water Bombers?

Also, AAMs with wooden stake tips?

Further entries in "The Book of Armaments", chapter and verse....Holy hand grenade of Antioch ;D.

TheChronicOne

^HEHEHE!!! 

--Hadn't thought of using the stake missiles but that sounds brilliant!!! NO shortage of the supply of twigs around here with these old Pecan trees and Oklahoma wind....

The thought of larger Holy Water bombs HAD occured to me in the form of those miniature Tabasco sauce bottles.

Like the viles, I would replace the plastic caps with cork material after the glass bottles are cleaned up and filled with water.  Didn't think of the application though...  I can't hang 'em from wings unless I go 1/48 or above so I stopped thinking at that point.

Hadn't thought of the bomber idea!! I could do open bomb bay and have a few of them lined up in there.   :wacko:  A Liberaor or even Mitchell could work well for this.   ---  I'm saving my Lancaster for the KLINGON Air Corp.   :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Neato!!  My water slide nail art decals from Connie's Creations arrived this morning.

The black ones with the wispy purple flowers and the ones with the red hearts and also the ones with the fluffy pink stuff will be used on the Vampire. The "purple stuff" crosses will go on the fins, the others will be cut up into little pieces to make roundels. 

The black crosses with blue wings will be the Vatican City Defense Force roundels.

Not sure how much work I'll actually be getting done on this stuff today as I am trying to do fall cleaning but maybe I can get an hour or two in later.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Interior of the intakes and fan painted as well as the uhh.. exhaust opening or whatever the hell it's called.   ;D

Also, got Vlad Dracula and Capt. Rotwang situated inside of the fuselage so that we can never see all the detail I painted ever again (lmao). 

I had a moment of terror when putting the fuselage halves together; I already applied glue all around the seams and was on my way to sandwich it all and I remembered the nose weight!!   Quick fast, I grabbed my fishing sinkers and jammed a bunch in there and got on with the show. Well, they didn't situate quite right and put everything in a bind. I clamped it all and left it to sit 12+ hours. Well, it didn't quite work out and it made one heck of a step right on top of the nose in front of the cockpit all the way down the seam.  I thought I had a problem on my hands but I decided to kind of man handle it.. I pried the seam open a bit so I could get glue in there then used my thin Ca and clamped it.  It worked!!  Within the hour I had removed the clamp, filed, and sanded the entire thing to the point where I can move on.

So far this has been the sweetest building kit ever!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

If anyone needs a kit for the 1 week group build, I could recommend this one! 

All done on construction. Only hitch I had came when I went to put the bottom wing halves on...  not sure what was causing it but something was mucking up the works but I dealt with it and moving on . . .   

Paint is up next!  Black, burgundy, grey, purple......   Hell, I've been moving so fast I forgot to try to find the rest of the transfers.
-Sprues McDuck-