Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Corsair with Wildcat tail and 5-blade prop with spinner?!? Love it!! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Nutty, right!! I'm going to try to get more pictures of these things.. they're all so cool!  Well, actually, I realized just now I could just steal them from Wiki I suppose... and those won't be all distorted like mine.  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

You don't steal them! You link to them, with a reference to the wiki site from which they were linked.

That way it's a referenced resource, not a stolen object. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 25, 2017, 03:44:51 AM
You don't steal them! You link to them, with a reference to the wiki site from which they were linked.

That way it's a referenced resource, not a stolen object. ;D

Yup  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

Naturally! I guess I should get out of the habit of using "stealing" nonchalantly. I even "steal" my own things from time to time. lmao

OK! Plans for today....  I was kind of wanting to take a break and give some other hobbies a chance at existing so I'm not going to get too much done (this could change... I change my mind all the time!!  I might get a head of steam built up and wind up highly motivated to continue).  I kind of wanted to play some video games today. Not so sure now but we'll see how things go after lunch.

Anyway the plans for now are to at least start with the mist coats of the gloss black on the stand. The weather seems to be cooperating for now! Hooray!  Other than that I'd really like to get the wings on this Mitsu built and sitting to dry. If I can get these two things done, I'd like to put some black paint on the F-84 then a little more silver on the wings then I do believe I can either gloss coat it or wait and do the canopy first then gloss coat it.  Can't gloss a clear canopy (that's what ruined it ) but since I'm going to paint it black anyway I don't see the problem. So.... I'll paint it black at the same time I finish up the nose then it will be ready for the frame work and them vinyl straps.

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Good day, good day!!!  Sure enough, got to work on these kits and didn't want to stop! Moving at a snails pace, though...  I get distracted a lot and have all kinds of other things going on but I managed work on all three current projects.

More sanding on the 1/2500 Enterprise.

Gear glued into and wings glued together on the Nipple Go.

Thunderjet has had paint put on and canopy "tinted" with "limo tint."

:thumbsup:

I feel pretty good about this F-84. Kinda bummed that I messed it up so bad but I'm fixing most of it nicely and the canopy.. well...  it's black, so what.  :rolleyes: I think I'm well back on track to having it turn out to be really cool anyway!!  This is going to be one unique looking bird.  :laugh:

Wind has picked up a bit so may postpone painting on the stand.. we'll see.

Bonus picture!!

This is my "old girl"  Mimi. I've had her for nearly 14 years now. I thought she was cute lookin' all sittin in the tall grass of my yard. This was a low patch!   :o

Good girl!!   ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Big time! I love that old dog. I call her "lazy girl" a lot because she's at the stage where she lounges around mainly.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

I have to say that if I had the option, I'd laze around a lot of the time, too!  ;D

You been Pimpin' yo Mower, Dude? Sweeet!

I'm not sure, but the F-84 may be in one of the Falcon or Squadron Vacform canopy ranges... wait one...
Found it!:
http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_103&products_id=762

Or here:
http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=797

which would also give you a lot more stuff for future projects.

So they should be available at your friendly LHS.

Cheers

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 25, 2017, 05:14:37 PM
Big time! I love that old dog. I call her "lazy girl" a lot because she's at the stage where she lounges around mainly.  ;D

Sensible girl  :thumbsup: She's quite an age, still looks full of beans though  ;D I love it that when they get to old age they are sensible enough to take it easy.....most of the time  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 26, 2017, 01:36:36 AM
I have to say that if I had the option, I'd laze around a lot of the time, too!  ;D

You been Pimpin' yo Mower, Dude? Sweeet!

I'm not sure, but the F-84 may be in one of the Falcon or Squadron Vacform canopy ranges... wait one...
Found it!:
http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_103&products_id=762

Or here:
http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=797

which would also give you a lot more stuff for future projects.

So they should be available at your friendly LHS.

Cheers

LOL   Nah, it's just old!!  Some of them older mowers have spoke wheels I guess. lol    I actually picked that one and another one up for free off the side of the road. Came with some brand new parts, too! Ol' boy threw em out there and told me one leaked gas or someting and the other wouldn't start... this other one, not pictured, had been obviousl'y half ran over by an automobile, poor feller.. either way.. I have lots of parts to make frankenstein mowers with. lol

Good looking out on them canopies. I might pick up that bigger set.. translates to about $13 in USA money so that's pretty cheap and a couple of them I have kits for already.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 26, 2017, 06:01:16 AM

Sensible girl  :thumbsup: She's quite an age, still looks full of beans though  ;D I love it that when they get to old age they are sensible enough to take it easy.....most of the time  ;)
She is, too!! She has bad days and good days and sometimes she'll get up and be all bouncing around and I can get her to chase the ball for about 10 minutes then she's done.  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 27, 2017, 02:27:24 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 26, 2017, 06:01:16 AM

She is, too!! She has bad days and good days and sometimes she'll get up and be all bouncing around and I can get her to chase the ball for about 10 minutes then she's done.  ;D ;D

She prolly says exactly the same about you.   ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-