Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

;D ;D ;D

In a similar vein, I just blew 3 hours looking for PE parts.  :rolleyes:

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 05, 2017, 10:29:58 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 02, 2017, 08:16:58 AM
One of the human race's great curses...laziness. And yes I am at times, although never if it means it inconveniences others (i hope)

I try to be the same way. Every once in awhile I have to catch myself.... like.. when I walk through my yard and kick garbage out into the street.   ;D  On one hand... I didn't put it there... on the other hand, why continue the chain of laziness? So I usually pick just it up...   :rolleyes:    Every once in awhile I don't bring my shopping cart back to the cubby hole, though...   :rolleyes:

I pick up other people's rubbish in the cemetery, on the beach or in the street.  I think in the back of my mind i'm hoping that someone will see me and it'll shame them into taking theirs home.  In the front of my mind I know that is never going to happen but still...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on July 07, 2017, 06:40:45 PM
One of the human race's great curses...laziness. And yes I am at times, although never if it means it inconveniences others (i hope)

I try to be the same way. Every once in awhile I have to catch myself.... like.. when I walk through my yard and kick garbage out into the street.   ;D  On one hand... I didn't put it there... on the other hand, why continue the chain of laziness? So I usually pick just it up...   :rolleyes:    Every once in awhile I don't bring my shopping cart back to the cubby hole, though...   :rolleyes:

I pick up other people's rubbish in the cemetery, on the beach or in the street.  I think in the back of my mind i'm hoping that someone will see me and it'll shame them into taking theirs home.  In the front of my mind I know that is never going to happen but still...

No way, it works!   Well.. at least some of the time. Coming full circle now..  A few months ago I was sitting here when I saw the guy that walks his dog in this empty lot directly North of the property here. He doesn't own it or anything.. no obligation, yet, I saw him take the time to go around and pick up every scrap of trash. I was impressed.  Fast forward 5-6 days later and I'm on the outside of the fence on the north side of the property just across from said lot kicking and throwing trash into the street because I was about to mow. After a couple minutes it hit me... "hey, all this crap is going to blow right over there and he just picked it all up..."   Next thing ya know.. I picked up all the trash out of the street and elsewhere around and properly disposed of it. If I hadn't seen him doing his thing I wouldn't have stopped and done that.
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 07, 2017, 06:58:09 PM

No way, it works!   Well.. at least some of the time. Coming full circle now..  A few months ago I was sitting here when I saw the guy that walks his dog in this empty lot directly North of the property here. He doesn't own it or anything.. no obligation, yet, I saw him take the time to go around and pick up every scrap of trash. I was impressed.  Fast forward 5-6 days later and I'm on the outside of the fence on the north side of the property just across from said lot kicking and throwing trash into the street because I was about to mow. After a couple minutes it hit me... "hey, all this crap is going to blow right over there and he just picked it all up..."   Next thing ya know.. I picked up all the trash out of the street and elsewhere around and properly disposed of it. If I hadn't seen him doing his thing I wouldn't have stopped and done that.

Good for you, Bruh - I must admit that sometimes I get shamed into being responsible myself. Not always, though (hangs head in shame...)  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 07, 2017, 07:13:11 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 07, 2017, 06:58:09 PM

Good for you, Bruh - I must admit that sometimes I get shamed into being responsible myself. Not always, though (hangs head in shame...)  :thumbsup:

Hell yeah, thanks! And uhh... if you aren't responsible AFTER being shamed that means you just DGAF.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: zenrat on July 07, 2017, 07:21:54 PM
So, one down billions to go... ;D

LMAO....      That's how they built Rome... or some crap... something...   ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

A bit like "How can you possibly eat a whole Elephant?"... One bite at a time.

TheChronicOne

I wonder what elephant meat tastes like?  :unsure: ;D

ANYWAY!! GOOD LORD. So, employee didn't show up to work on Friday..... now it's been raining... etc etc. Things have been a nightmare lately and well... it's slowed me down considerably on my projected time to finish organizing this hobby room.  Half the time I just here shaking my head wondering who I pissed off in the last life time and lamenting the fact that people in general these days seem to be so unreliable?  :rolleyes:  Ah well...  Seeing as how it's raining I did my couple hours of picking up trash (partly in the middle of a downpour  ;D  :o ) then made it back home by 8AM!  So.. I have whole entire day to GET THIS FINISHED. Time for the big push. I haven't worked on a kit in a least a week and I'm itching to get back to it. I need to get back to work on the on going projects because I keep daydreaming about new ones and am right on the verge of starting them instead of getting done the stuff I already started!  ;D

That said, I did find time finally to play around with some of my stash kits and I have gotten some stuff together for my first true kitbash....   going to do some wing swapping. I have the old 70's Hasegawa MiG 21 which is perfect for whiffing because of the innaccuracies in the kit so I figured I'd use that. Then I have my F4 Phantom that I'm going to close up part of the cockpit to make into a single canopy bird so I decided to steal the wings and tail planes out it to glue onto the MiG 21 fuselage. By golly they damn near fit on there perfectly!! I'll need very little filler to get rid of the gap and the tail planes also fit extremely well. Going to leave the fin on there. But.. yeah, I'm going to build a MiG 21 with Phantom wings. It's going to be for the Royal Mayan Air Force. Will have some jungle camo. Not sure what role I'll have it in... likely an interceptor or maybe a Mayan Wild Weasel or some such I dunno...  I have some transfers ready to go for it already as far as roundels and such, just need some letters and numbers and other little odds and ends that might help.

But.. enough of that. Time to concentrate on what is going on NOW and get back to work on this organizing. Hopefully at some point in the afternoon I can get back to work on the Nipples Go. I think all I need to do is sand once more along wing roots then I need to mask them stupid little windows.  ;D ;D

TTYL
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Hope you find someone reliable soon, it sucks to be let down in a situation like yours.
Now, re Phantomised Mig-21 weasels, how about some pics for us? ;)
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Stand by!!  I'm nearly done with the actual furniture moving and vacuuming and stuff then it's a matter of just going through a couple odd boxes that I piled all my supplies into..  going to populate all these shelves and stuff and then it's play time.   :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

But yeah... I'll grab me masking tape and mock up the fuselage halves and wings. It all looks surprisingly coherent and fits together well. Seems apt for the two worthy opponents... probably the two most iconic adversaries of the SEA conflict. Why not mash 'em together?!   ;D

I have to stop and cram vittles in my face pretty soon but it shouldn't be more than another hour or two then C.R.A.P. is ready to begin movement once again, producing T.U.R.D.s (Totally Ultimate Radical Designs, bruh!) from the bowels of this illustrious new production facility!!! WOOOO!!   :::flips table::::

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 09, 2017, 09:00:10 AM
I have to stop and cram vittles in my face pretty soon but it shouldn't be more than another hour or two then C.R.A.P. is ready to begin movement once again, producing T.U.R.D.s (Totally Ultimate Radical Designs, bruh!) from the bowels of this illustrious new production facility!!! WOOOO!!   :::flips table::::

LMFAO!! T.U.R.D.s out of C.R.A.P.!! Superb acronym creation going on there... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 09, 2017, 09:22:41 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 09, 2017, 09:00:10 AM

LMFAO!! T.U.R.D.s out of C.R.A.P.!! Superb acronym creation going on there... ;D

Surprised the military isn't trying to recruit me for my acronym skills. You know how the military LOOOOOOOOVES acronyms.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Been done for almost an hour now. Just sitting around now like a walrus. I ate too much.  ;D

ANYWAY....  back to REAL work. I'm going to try to expedite the F-84 and Enterprise. I've dragged these out long enough and I'm ready to move on. I was going to even wait and order a new canopy for the F-84 but not any more. I'm going to just get on with the show and finish these off whether they look good or not. Should be alright though! The F-84 could use more paint. A quick bit of white on the fuselage then minor touch up on some of the black then I can paint the tinted canopy then glue it on. After than, all I need to do is gloss it.... then I can do transfers!!

Enterprise.... needs to be painted.... I started to paint it again after sanding but put the wrong color on it. lol   OH well, no harm... just kind of funny. After I paint it I can glue on the little fiddly pieces then I can gloss it. I could be done with it by later, no?  If I can just stay focused... . . .  :D 

Saving the Nipples plane for another day or possibly later if I get tired of the two doom projects.

FOR NOW... I'm going to take a break then mock up the Royal Mayan Air Force jet!  :laugh: :laugh:   Whilst doing this I will try to come up with a name and designation.  Sky is the limit, really, with going with the Mayans....   Might go with "I" for interceptor or maybe even resurrect "P" for pursuit. 

Small pic drop imminent. . .
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

What if the Mayans never went away? What if they survived to contemporary times and have their own aircraft manufacturing an' all'at? 

Royal Mayan Air Force KX-81 Kukulcan (feathered serpent). KX being the first letters to the Mayan words for "Sky Demon" or "Sky Phantom".

In a way it reminds of an F-100....

Everything fits pretty nice. Of course... may have to make some adjustments along the way and I reserve the right to add even more neat stuff. Probably going to steal some weapons out of a 1/48 Skyray to make some sort of ... something. This is all alternate universe stuff so I can't really do anything wrong if you ask me.

This project is down the road just a little bit but as it is my first ever REAL kit bash I'm pretty stoked to get started! 

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

:o That looks terrific!!! :wub: Oh man, can wait to see that finished!!  And i also like the Mayan idea, that's what i call a true what-if! Excellent!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: