Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 25, 2017, 04:15:20 AM
That Ferengi is coming along really well, Brad.
It's amazing how a different paint job can change the whole look.

Thanks Rick!!!! Glad you mentioned it because I aim to be FINISH with it today.  Wait'll you see it in the next pics! Much more detail and refinement. To that end... I have a tiny bit of touch up in the main engines areas and to paint the edges of the clear parts red. Then a bit of touch up on the upper surfaces around those areas. Also, a tiny bit of painting on the little thing that sits on top. I painted the yellow stripes on and surprisingly they don't look like utter garbage. One stripe had its edge messed up a bit when I peeled the tape off but it's minor.

Problem is... it is down pouring and humidity is 100% so the painting and gloss coats will take longer to dry, but, I have plenty of time left in the day.

I'll be working on the Mitsu and the C-fury as well in the between times.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Work situation is a disaster but I love it because this is all the excuse I need to sit on @$$ ALL DAY LONG and work on models!!!!    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, more work done on the Ferengi. Main ship painting is DONE and I glossed coated it about 15 minutes ago. It's 9:45 AM here so I think I'll let it sit around until 1 PM then five into the transfers. All that is left aside from this is to do a tiny bit of painting on the doo-dad and the clear pieces.

Now that that is sitting around... I'm working on the C-Fury. I went ahead and sanded the wing roots and fixed up all the places I put putty.  I repaired the wing section I snapped off now it is singing in my helping hands apparatus to dry up. Next phase of work on that one involved glueing on the tailplanes. 

I suppose after I do the 10-15 minutes worth of painting on the Calzone then back around to work on the Mitsu.

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Phone/camera acting up. Last time I tried to post a pic from it it took like 20 minutes of fighting and now it's doing the same. Frustrating!

:banghead:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

I'll do that next time it goes T.U. This thing has always given me problems.  It seems that I iron them out and things work for a long while, tho, until I do "something."  At one point I discovered that a USB cable I was using was the problem. So I solved that...   This time everything stopped working after I ran CCleaner on the computer. I guess it trashed some of the stuff the phone uses... I dunno...  I finally got it working so I hope it STAYS working. We'll find out in about an hour or less when I try to take pictures again.  :rolleyes: 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

;D ;D   I really need to proofread. 

Sitting in my "Helping Hands" contraption.   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on August 26, 2017, 04:51:20 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 25, 2017, 07:51:02 AM
...now it is singing in my helping hands...

My mind boggles...
:o ;D

Then the Plan is working... oh, was I not supposed to give that detail away?

Oops... :banghead:

Sorry, Brad...

zenrat

Not to be overly critical Rick but it's not much of a plan as my mind is pretty much in some state of bogglement most of the time anyway.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 26, 2017, 01:48:24 PM
Quote from: zenrat on August 26, 2017, 04:51:20 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 25, 2017, 07:51:02 AM
...now it is singing in my helping hands...

My mind boggles...
:o ;D

Then the Plan is working... oh, was I not supposed to give that detail away?

Oops... :banghead:

Sorry, Brad...

;D ;D ;D

Speaking of plans. I'll be back to work on the Mitsubishi and C-Fury.  In a half asleep state at some point last night or the night before it occurred to me that I've strayed a bit from the goal on the Nipples-Go. I'm trying a little TOO hard to get the seams and stuff correct. I imagine everything is close to being just fine so I'll likely spray more primer on it today and see where I stand.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Having another day where I can't settle on what I really want to do. At first I was playing video game after deciding I didn't want to work on models today after I decided I was this morning..... now after lunch I decide I'd rather work on models but not the Mitsu.  :unsure:

So anyway... a little more PSR on the fuselage of the C-Fury then I glued on the tail planes. All that is drying up now and will need a couple days to sit before I PSR the area.

Now, I'm trying again to paint the yellow ring on cowling. Last time the paint got too thick and when I tried to feather the edge it started coming back off. This time I'm feathering in between coats.

Also, I'm needing to finish painting the pilot. No big deal there.

After that, I'm going to try a bit of experiment. It is suggested to paint gloss black before using the silver paint. Well, I'd like to see how it acts right on top of grey primer so I'll do a tiny bit of sanding on the gear doors then paint them with the silver and see what happens. Since they won't be touching any of the other silver if the shade is off a bit.... it won't matter. Besides... maybe they're a bit more weathered or were all replaced and might have a different look anyway?  ;)

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

The gloss black is to give a smooth surface to the metallic coat & to add some depth to the colour. It should work on grey primer but it may not be as smooth nor have as rich a colour.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

I'll be interested to see how the doors look sitting aside the stand I painted "the proper way" a while back.  :wacko: 

I have some other experiments planned, as well. Such as putting gloss clear on top of the silver and also trying a satin coat on the silver. I just have to see what it all looks like and have examples. In fact, my little stand is shaped like a triangle and I can mask off most of it then just spray one side panel with clear gloss, then the other with satin, then leave the third side as is. That a way I'ill have my experiments without ruining an actual project.

In other news. I have a TON of errands to run and things to take care of today but if I can get back to work on models it'll be more PSR on the two ongoing projects. Getting real close to primer on the C-fury.

In other news, haven't posted a funny in a while so I'll close with this:

:lol:

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

;D ;D

Actually that's nice brush work  :thumbsup: Plus excellent coverage for white, wonder whose he's using ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2017, 06:17:01 AM
;D ;D

Actually that's nice brush work  :thumbsup: Plus excellent coverage for white, wonder whose he's using ?  ;)

You can bet it won't be Xtracolour! Perhaps it's a brushed version of Halfords Appliance White?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit