Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Work Friday really did me in. I was near exhausted, back was out, and didn't have much motivation. I hate it when that happens! I wanted to dump a dew hours into model building but I only managed about an hour total and barely got anything done. That said, what I DID get done was pretty important, I think. That being I painted the canopy and scribed the elevators on to the tailplanes.

When I get home, if I don't feel like I've been shot out of a mortar, I will begin the PSR phase on the main wing roots. I want to get this done before anything else because with the elbow grease and the "gripping" action going on I run the risk of breaking everything off in the process so I want to get it completely done.

After that, I want to get the tailplanes glued on and the little spacer piece put in..I can't wait to see how this looks with them properly attached!!  :mellow: :lol:  Not sure, but I think I'll be getting pretty close to priming this thing at that point. Everything else is just the "fiddly bits" that go on last or near to the end of the project.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

No joy.

At work today when I lost my temper a little bit. I was in a lot of pain when I couldn't get the leaf blower started. All the jerking on the cord put me in a lot more pain so I kind of tossed it in the back of my truck.. not so gently.  Busted the cowling on my weedeater as a result so instead of PSR on the plane I'm PSR on that thing...  :-\  The old fable about the lion with the thorn in its paw comes to mind. It's not like I WANT to be in a pissy mood...  I need to work on keeping my calm and not making things worse. Getting all upset and basically "throwing things" isn't helping matters at all.  ANYWAY.... I can't do anything else until I see this repair project through.  :banghead:

When I'm done, though, I plan on getting right into the BONDO stage on these wings!  :thumbsup:

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Glorious success!!

I successfully repaired the broken trigger housing thingy on my weedeater. Same as PSR... you know... GLUE..... then.... PUTTY... theeen... I SAND IT.... then... I PRIMED IT.... then .. that's it. Grey primer is close to the grey on the rest of it so that's a wrap!! I just need to put it all back together now ... which is easier said than done... lot's of springs and other little fiddly bits that need to be in certain positions and done in the right order. No problem, I can figure it out I'm sure.

At the same time I did this I also re-constructed my REALLY expensive weedeater that I tore down about 7 months ago. It lost its "oomph" so I pretty much had it all the way apart aside from the engine itself and the carb. Carb was next but then life happened and I had to just buy a brand new weedeater (the one I busted today being a dumbass) so I could work this year. Anyway.. I always planned on continuing the refurbish but I just don't have the time so I'm going to just take it to the shop and let someone else fix it. Point being.. I had to put it back together to do that.. you don't just bring someone a pile of parts and say "fix this." So anyway... fixed the new weedeater and got the old one put back together so now not only have I fixed my screw up, I've managed to "get ahead" a little bit so now I don't feel like such a tool for creating this mess to begin with.

Enough of that, though.. no more business stuff.... it'll be model building updates now.  ;D Once I get the weedeater put together I can finally take a shower (I'm 12 hours into the work day already!! To hell with that! And it's SUNDAY for cryin out loud!) then it's BONDO RED GLAZING PUTTY time on the Kukulcan.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Ever have a day that won't end?! (work day) 

THAT'S TODAY.

Well, I got work on my KX-81 again and managed about 15 minutes worth of progress. I decided the gaps on the bottom of the wing roots were a bit wide, and that it would be a good idea to fill the the space with some sprue to help avoid shrinkage and to help shore things up.

So I managed to do this when I was stopped to have to deal with work crap. Buddy of mine tells me he has another buddy that would like some work. So I'm like "cool...I could use some help." Got volunteered into calling the dude. So anyway.. I call him up but he doesn't like the terms of employment. I explained the employee problems I've had this year. How I would schedule 5-6 lawns on one day, so it would be worth coming to work, only to have the employee NOT SHOW UP. I explain that I used to pay people at the end of the day... but then, THEY WOULDN'T SHOW UP the next day. So I explain, my terms, now, are that I pay every two weeks, and I only schedule 1-2 lawns a day in case you DON'T SHOW UP. That way, I'm not screwed. I explained... once you prove to be reliable, we can start scheduling more lawns on a day, and I can start paying weekly. I also explained that I pay 33% of whatever the job pays. In other words, if the lawn pays $60, you get $20. I explained that this averages out to about $12-15 an hour but if we only cut one lawn that day you might only make $20-30, depending. Not good enough!!! Everyone wants to be at Admiral status without first being a lt. then a Captain, etc. You have to prove yourself in the probation period.

God, I'm ranting again......   thankfully this is a blog so.... who cares.  ;D ;D

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIND GOOD HELP?!?!??!!?

;D

Sorry, y'all... I just need to rant and get this off my chest.

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

When I was at the poo farm we'd have kids on shovels, rakes and brooms and then we'd get short handed so they'd get to drive a roller or water truck for a day and then they were ruined 'cause they'd think they were now machine operators.
They'd refuse to labour and so out the door they'd go.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

The attitude that guy had is ridiculous... If he lived here in Portugal, he'd have to work till the end of the month before he got any money at all...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on October 09, 2017, 02:52:52 AM
When I was at the poo farm we'd have kids on shovels, rakes and brooms and then we'd get short handed so they'd get to drive a roller or water truck for a day and then they were ruined 'cause they'd think they were now machine operators.
They'd refuse to labour and so out the door they'd go.
The ol' "Give 'em an inch and they take a mile" stuff!!! 
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 09, 2017, 04:49:49 AM
The attitude that guy had is ridiculous... If he lived here in Portugal, he'd have to work till the end of the month before he got any money at all...

Yeah, when he started whining about getting paid every two weeks and whining about the possibility of only making $20 for mowing one lawn (twice what anyone else in town is making..  top line rate for people to push a mower around is $10) I hung up on him. Spoiled, entitled, tit-babies aren't what I need. That stuff is why I re-arranged the "policies" to begin with.

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

And 20 bucks for mowing a lawn is very good, that's 2/3 of what a normal gardener gets for 8 hours of work around here.
Some folks just want all for nothing...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Damn right it's good, any more then all of a sudden they're making more than I am! 

I got a kick out of this one idiot that came at me wanting 50% of the "take." So I guess this moron wants me to pay for all the overhead then turn around and pay him MORE money than I make when I'm the one who has invested thousands of dollars into this and put in all the work advertising and drumming up business? What a joke. He wants to make MORE than the owner of the company, while I'm out paying for all the oil, gas, trash bags, string, and the thousand other little things. Tit-babies all around me!!!! 

Looking to get back to modellin' today. Going to try to wrap up the C-Fury!!! Just have to finish painting a couple things then find some transfers for letter and numbers then it's off to the races!

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 10, 2017, 02:56:03 AM
He wants to make MORE than the owner of the company, while I'm out paying for all the oil, gas, trash bags, string, and the thousand other little things. Tit-babies all around me!!!! 

A long time ago in the land called "before retirement" I had some interesting conversations over salary expectations when interviewing recent graduates  ;) I was working for a fairly major international company but I've no idea what planet they were living on  :o Most of them seemed to be expecting at least 50% above what I was on and when I explained this to them and what the companies graduate entry scheme salary was the look on their faces was priceless  ;D Some universities in the U.K. at the time obviously didn't run courses on "real life".
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Damn right it's good, any more then all of a sudden they're making more than I am! 

I got a kick out of this one idiot that came at me wanting 50% of the "take." So I guess this moron wants me to pay for all the overhead then turn around and pay him MORE money than I make when I'm the one who has invested thousands of dollars into this and put in all the work advertising and drumming up business? What a joke. He wants to make MORE than the owner of the company, while I'm out paying for all the oil, gas, trash bags, string, and the thousand other little things. Tit-babies all around me!!!! 

:o I guess that one is a bit more than just an idiot person... I think he fits the D.S.I.(Damn Stupid Idiot) category... ;D

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 10, 2017, 06:24:55 AM
He wants to make MORE than the owner of the company, while I'm out paying for all the oil, gas, trash bags, string, and the thousand other little things. Tit-babies all around me!!!! 

A long time ago in the land called "before retirement" I had some interesting conversations over salary expectations when interviewing recent graduates  ;) I was working for a fairly major international company but I've no idea what planet they were living on  :o Most of them seemed to be expecting at least 50% above what I was on and when I explained this to them and what the companies graduate entry scheme salary was the look on their faces was priceless  ;D Some universities in the U.K. at the time obviously didn't run courses on "real life".

;D ;D   

They act as if time spent at university is somehow equal to job experience!!!  A degree is worth something, certainly, but I don't care who ya are... when you hire on to a place, for the most part, you start out as the "peon," regardless, and prove your worth before being "handed the keys."

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 10, 2017, 10:08:36 AM

:o I guess that one is a bit more than just an idiot person... I think he fits the D.S.I.(Damn Stupid Idiot) category... ;D

;D  Yes, that'll do! 

I remember when they made the offer... I ignored them wholesale whilst continuing to converse with the others in the thread.  ;D   I'm like, "Man I ain't even going to dignify that with a response."
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I'm at the stage now where I wouldn't normally post pictures until the actual reveal to keep from lessening the impact, but, since I haven't posted on in forever, I I decided to snap a pic of the bottom of it.

Finish isn't great.... but.. the color sure is!! Nice and shiney and metal-ey looking!  :lol: :lol:  Bearing in mind I haven't finished the plane(Mitsu) where I'm going to actually polish and try to get a smooth finish. I just couldn't wait to get started on this one is all.  ;D  But yeah... won't be no polishing on this one because it would obliterate all the panel lines and I don't want to do that.

Anyway... I'm wrapping up painting on this and also doing a bit of gluing. In between times when things are drying I'm trying to slap together a decent livery for this thing thus I'm rummaging through spare decals and running things through Google translate so I can determine what letters would be suitable.
-Sprues McDuck-