Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

More pics to come but I couldn't wait, I snapped a couple:

One with, and one without flash.

:lol: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Bigass thanks to Zenrat for the donor kit...  it's good to have an enabler.

Also, Bigass thanks to Richshaw for providing much needed Cuban transfers.

I developed a huge headeache when it came to trimming for the fin. Like with masking for canopies, cutting them things to fit once again gave me a headeach,  so just like last time, I elected to just paint the fin flash.This said, I turned them into CUBAN FLAGS which made this "Presidential Gift" complete.

Back story is that this was a special "free" Sea Fury given to whoever was running Cuba at the time from G.B. Kind of like how the Cuban Tu-4 was a gift from Kruschev. The leader's very own badass aircraft!!! Needless to say, it is well maintained and kept very clean so I kept weathering to a bare minimum.

Mad pleased with the result; this was a fun kit to build!!   :lol:  Certainly the shiniest of all my models, too.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

rickshaw

The "man running Cuba" was in all likelihood Fulgencio Batista.  He was elected the President of Cuba from 1940-44 and then, later invited back by the US from Florida (where he had taken up a career as a successful Real Estate salesman) 1952-59 when he decided (once again) he'd had enough and walked out of Havana and Fidel Castro took over.  He was a venal, nasty sort of man, by all accounts.   Perhaps the best comment was by Franklin Roosevelt when questioned about his antics, "He may be a son-of-a-bitch but at least he's our son-of-a-bitch..."   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Shiny!

Glad to enable you Brad C.  It's turned out so nice I almost wish i'd kept it.  I really must build one of the Trumpeter ones in the stash.

Re. the "in the bin" crap.  I've been a regular on some modelling forums where the policy is if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all in case you upset someone.  This is bull crap as of course there is never any feedback offered when it is needed so people never improve.  Maybe there were PMs sent in some cases but if there were they were being ignored as some people never got any better.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Sea Fury's looking very nice in that shiny metal & Cuban colours. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Sea Fury looks good, very shiny  ;D but good  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on October 13, 2017, 01:16:48 AM

I've been a regular on some modelling forums where the policy is if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all in case you upset someone.  This is bull crap as of course there is never any feedback offered when it is needed so people never improve.  Maybe there were PMs sent in some cases but if there were they were being ignored as some people never got any better.

Criticism is one of the most difficult things to do properly, especially on line. At least face to face you probably have a rough idea of how the person is likely to react and also how to do phrase it.  On line you don't know the person in the same way and it can be to easy to get your language and particularly your intention wrong. It's even more difficult when people don't share the same first language.

My own feelings are that if you can offer critic in the form of "have you ever thought of doing ........" then you are on reasonably safe ground, anything else depends on how well you feel you know the person and also on how well you think they know you.

Purely personal view with my Moderators hat firmly off. Gone back on now  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: rickshaw on October 12, 2017, 08:58:32 PM
The "man running Cuba" was in all likelihood Fulgencio Batista.  He was elected the President of Cuba from 1940-44 and then, later invited back by the US from Florida (where he had taken up a career as a successful Real Estate salesman) 1952-59 when he decided (once again) he'd had enough and walked out of Havana and Fidel Castro took over.  He was a venal, nasty sort of man, by all accounts.   Perhaps the best comment was by Franklin Roosevelt when questioned about his antics, "He may be a son-of-a-bitch but at least he's our son-of-a-bitch..."   :banghead:

Thanks a ton!! I meant to stop and look everything up but I just ... didn't. I do the recognize the quote at least, just wouldn't have been able to attribute it to or about anyone prior to two minutes ago.   :thumbsup:

Cuba-stuff is always pretty fascinating.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 13, 2017, 06:37:39 AM

Yup. Also a very interesting and beautiful country. I'm just about old enough that I can remember the Revolution and can definitely remember the Bay of Pigs do-dah on the telly. Getting old or what ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 12, 2017, 11:18:43 PM
That's a VERY shiny C-Fury! Nice one.  :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!  This paint's a real treat...  going to be using it more in the future. Next step is to work on the finish.  That step isn't too far off, either. Spraying of the Mitsubishi is coming up very soon and this time I'm going to put on more layers so I can try my hand at wet polishing with my high grit sanding pads.  :lol: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on October 13, 2017, 01:16:48 AM
Shiny!

Glad to enable you Brad C.  It's turned out so nice I almost wish i'd kept it.  I really must build one of the Trumpeter ones in the stash.

Re. the "in the bin" crap.  I've been a regular on some modelling forums where the policy is if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all in case you upset someone.  This is bull crap as of course there is never any feedback offered when it is needed so people never improve.  Maybe there were PMs sent in some cases but if there were they were being ignored as some people never got any better.

Thanks, man!! It really did turn out good. I'm going to take it outside at some point and see what it looks like with sunbeams bouncing off of it.  ;D

Yeah, about the other... I always was of the mind that if you love a hobby, then you should love the people who want to be a part of it because their success is our success, no? As in... if we chase people off from the hobby it could reach a point where it could possibly start to diminish.  And being mean to people is just plain BS anyway ya slice it anyway.  :angry:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 13, 2017, 02:11:25 AM
Sea Fury's looking very nice in that shiny metal & Cuban colours. :thumbsup:
Thanks, dude!!  I'm not normally that much a fan of NMF but it's growing on me for sure. I reaaaaaaally like how this looks.  I think it helps with colors incorporated. Things that are entirely NMF with only bits and pieces of maybe black lettering can look great but I think they just get better with color and more color. 

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 13, 2017, 06:20:04 AM
Sea Fury looks good, very shiny  ;D but good  :thumbsup:

Thanks!!  One thing is certain, no one can say it ISN'T shiny!!!   :o ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 13, 2017, 06:41:20 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 13, 2017, 06:37:39 AM

Yup. Also a very interesting and beautiful country. I'm just about old enough that I can remember the Revolution and can definitely remember the Bay of Pigs do-dah on the telly. Getting old or what ?  ;D

I won't tell anyone your 'secret'.  ;D ;D ;D

From everything I've seen I would agree, looks gorgeous and with the eased tension I'd like to visit some day. Cuba is now open for business! Yay!

Of course... I'ma have to go see that C-Fury they have in them crazy camo colors... .. .  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-