Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

Most definitely!!!! I'm already planning on ditching a couple of places I need to go. The insurance company will wait because their office is on the other side of town, close to the shopping center I pick up garbage at so I'll do that Thursday. Now I'm trying to find the auto body place to fix my door. Drove around in circles for half an hour doing that.   ;D   Had to come back home and look the place up. For some reason I was convinced it was on Simpson, but it's on Wichita Drive.... so....  I'm off once again to head to that place. Now I just wonder if they can fix everything RIGHT NOW or if it'll take awhile or what. I can't just leave my vehicle because I won't be able to get home. I can't be walking all over the city with my back.

Cancelling any grocery shopping today, too, because it's the 1st and all the people who get money on the first are shopping and that's a big NEGATIVE, GHOSTRIDER for me. I went and got fast food instead.  :lol: 

Maybe I'll be done with this stuff soon, though. If the door repair will take awhile I'll go around the corner instead and investigate tires. I'm determined to get at least one of those done today.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

OK, so I just did it again!    There's a map pin on google maps that puts Body Line (the auto body people) about a mile and half down here in industrial park... half a block off of Simpson.  I drove in circles for another half hour and came up bupkiss! So I come home again and this time I plugged in the address myself and...... this place is 20 miles away!!! Out in the mountains!!! Why the hell does this map thing say it's just right down the street!??!

Must be old adress because I have one for 411 SE Simpson.... nothing there now.....    Here I was thinking "wichita lane" was some little side street around the corner boy was I wrong!!! Place is nearly in an entirely new county.... It's up North of the military base here....  ughhhhhhhhhhhhh...    Well, I give up on that for today. Now it's lunch time.

After I eat lunch I'm not going to feel like doing anything so I'm giving up on all this junk entirely for today.  :banghead: :banghead:

At this point I'm 9 hours into my work day and I'm tired. I'm tired OF it, too. Combined with the 45 minutes fixing bank error and another entire hour driving in circles like an idiot I've lost 2 hours nearly.  That just so happens to be the time I alotted to get the door fixed, too, so I'm my time is all up. Friggin annoying.

I think I'll go check on tires real quick and if they can sell me some within my budget and get 'em slapped on in a hurry I might do that. At least I can price some and see if they even have any my size. but uhhh.. after that, I'm done. I'm going come back home and eat lunch then start tinkering.  :wacko: :angel:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

LOL^ 

I hopped in my truck and was like, "NAH."  I just went and parked it. So much for tires.  ;D

ANYWAY!!!! Now I'm going to eat some lunch and get to work on models!!! Here's some good news.      STRATEGIC AIR COMMAND just came to Hulu so I'll have something to watch while I tinker!  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:      ONE BRAD TURNIN, ONE BRAD BURNIN baby!  :thumbsup:

So.... after lunch, I'm start gluing the weapons into the Raptor.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Moving slowwwww but moving still the same!  :thumbsup:

The weapons are in:

I painted one coat on the bottom of the Liberty before I did the missiles and stuff, now I'll get back to doing that while the other dries up.

Jimmy Stewart just hopped in his B-47. Man...  is it just me or is his wife annoying?  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 01, 2018, 01:45:31 PM

Jimmy Stewart just hopped in his B-47. Man...  is it just me or is his wife annoying?  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

'Annoying' doesn't go even 10% of the way to describe June Allyson's voice! Agggghhhhhh!  :banghead:

Good looking weapons BTW.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2018, 02:00:43 PM

'Annoying' doesn't go even 10% of the way to describe June Allyson's voice! Agggghhhhhh!  :banghead:

Good looking weapons BTW.  :thumbsup:

AH!!! AHAHAHA!!!   Now see, I knew I couldn't be the only one.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks... them confused me somewhat... the instructions aren't quite clear how to put them all in.  I mean.... if you look at the instructions and sort of guess you can deduce what is going where but it would sure help if there was a bit of guidance. There's no written instructions, at all, that would say, "Ok, this little block of diagrams is for THIS set up."  (Or maybe I'm just dumb and the instructions booklet is fine... after all, I DID figure it out eventually... )   But anyway.... they're in there now, and I got the pylons and stuff right, so we're moving on.

Paint work so far... a couple more coats, maybe three will have the bottom cinched.

Jimmy Stewart about to leave for Japan in his Stratojet. Wife is sobbing on the bed.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;D ;D ;D   

:wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 01, 2018, 02:12:46 PM

Jimmy Stewart about to leave for Japan in his Stratojet. Wife is sobbing on the bed.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;D ;D ;D   

What? No JATO bottles?

That was half the fun watching them light off when I used to watch the -47s get off at Brize Norton in the 50s. The whole airfield just vanished under this massive cloud of black/grey smoke.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Oh man!! That had to have been to coolest ever to see that. I'd pay money to see some JATO/RATO action. I read just the the other day that the USN Blue Angels stopped using them on the Fat Albert Herky Bird air show take-offs because there's a shortage of them. 

New movie on now:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Bottom of the Liberty is painted:

I was very.. uh.... lax with my technique and had multiple areas where the paint rolled over the wings or pooled up on a pylon. In short, I'm going to have to sand a few things before I start on the top.

In other news, I've crossed one hell of a threshold finally with the Raptor and the transfers are going on. I'm not sure if I'll divulge much more between now and the big reveal or not... it's so tempting to post pictures along the way but there is a point of diminishing returns where if you show TOO much it makes the final "big reveal" less stellar so I dunno.... anyway.... for now, here's the bottom. I still have to put a ton of things down here but all the Somali specific markings are on. There were only 8... the 6 stars and the numbers/letters on the fins.

It's been a pretty productive day, despite the setbacks.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Still going, too. I'm giving the stars a little bit to "set up" then I'll start in on the larger of the kit transfers.

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Two more then I'm done with the pics until the end I think.

I have more than half of the transfers on. Just a matter of time for the rest.

Then, comes yet another tedious part.... all the weapons bay doors and hardware. Also, a couple of gear bay doors. Some of this stuff hasn't even reached primer stage yet so I have a lot of work left.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Rained out and storms everywhere so I'm not getting anything done today other than the basics. I'll go out and pick up garbage (I have to go here in a couple minutes, another BIG storm is about to hit... I mean.. I pick up trash in the rain, but refuse to do so in a DOWNPOUR or if it's lightning too much) and then I'll go get groceries then get my azz back home. Not the day to be out and about.

I can still do one thing: get on the phone to the insurance company then I'm thinking about trying to shop for new vehicle insurance online. I know it can be done these days so why not check it out?  If I can buy a new policy w/out getting out of my chair then we're in business!  :thumbsup:

Otherwise.... I'm going to dive right on in to trying to get the weapons and gear bay doors going on the Raptor. Some of it still needs to be primed, some might be ready for paint. Some of it needs cutting up and then I have to figure out how to pose it all, etc... I probably won't get THAT far because I need to finish transfers before I load this thing up with breakables.

Could possibly be done with it today but I'm not counting on it.

:o
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

So far, so good!  The missile bay doors and gear doors are nearly done, and I've managed more paint work on the Liberty.

It's uhhh.... starting to look like SOMETHING. Still pretty put-off by what I've having to do with this canopy but I don't have weeks on end to spare any more nor do I wish to buy another set of glass. I painted it earlier before I started the upper grey and I got the lines straight and nice! It was glorious. Of course, I had to do it over to finalize it and this time I made numerous mistakes and it looks all jagged and stuff. I'll be doing touch up on it next.

Getting there.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Finished with the rest of the weapons doors and gear doors on the Raptor:

Some funky lookin' jive, aye?

Now I'll gloss this stuff. The little loose piece there might be tricky but oh well.  ;D

Here's this thing:

I'm finished with the bulk of the painting and am now doing all the touch up and cutting in. Quite a bit of it... I've been haphazard wit' me paintin' technique this time around.  :o ;D ;D

I bet I'm done with this one within the week.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

June Allyson watch:

I came in from the shed to find June Allyson once again married to James Stewart.  This time in the Glenn Miller Story.
He's just been drafted so there should be some interesting aircraft in the background.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Man...  is it just me or is his wife annoying?  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've never really thought about it, but I can now see what you mean. Mind you no wonder Jimmy had to quit the Air Force with a dodgy back/shoulder/neck whatever, it was all that bending down to give her a smacker. She's tiny compared to Jimmy  :angel:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.