Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

It would be the ugliest, beastliest thing ever created.  ;D It's fun to think about, however. That said, the wider idea of a "stealth airliner" appeals to me!!!

Y'all check this out... I found some satire on this!

Quote"Crash experts have come up with a new theory that is bound to boggle the mind, and it states that the Malaysian Airliner MH370 was a secret stealth fighter smuggled out of a base somewhere in the U.S.

We think that flight MH370, a Boeing 777 somehow transformed in mid air into the latest stealth fighter from America's military. All the pilot had to do was press a button and the wings shrunk, a protective radar resistant foam was spray painted over the fuselage and the tail wing morphed into an x wing or something like that. Damn, I'd pay good money to see that," Gerald Ingram, a crash investigator and engineer revealed to CNN.

If this is true, that means the stealth fighter could be anywhere in the world right now as it would have extra fuel tanks, or if there are collaborators, most certainly the plane was refuelled in the air."
https://www.dailysquib.co.uk/world/7027-new-theory-malaysian-airliner-stealth-fighter.html

;D ;D ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Funny picture, thanks. ;)
I am less comfortable to laugh from the article, maybe this concerns dead people and laughter would hurt the families of victims. :-\ :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Not sure what's going on today. Lately I've been making plans only to change them later. This doesn't happen that often!  For instance, the other day, I planned to play Red Dead but just kept on working on the models instead. I HAD been planning to do nothing on the models today and take a small break from it for awhile so I can get into the game. I'm getting close to being sucked in, I just need a few hours free to really get in there and get acclimated. That's hard to do when I don't leave any time for it!

That said, I plan to briefly work on a couple things:

I want to paint on the navigation lights (two white, one red, one green and their housings and bulbs or whatever) and the landing lights close to the wing roots which will just be a couple of black ovals with lightly painted silver circles inside to simulate the bulbs.

Well... hell, looks like there's a couple more white lights on here I didn't account for but I'm not EXACTLY sure where they are and what they look like. I'll have to look it up I guess like I did the others.  ;D

That shouldn't take too long.

Otherwise, I'd like to sand some on the glider canopy to see if I can get it to the same width as the fuselage. If I can successfully do this, all I need to do is trace an outline onto some plastic card to make a bulkhead plug to go on the rear to close up that gap then it SHOULD be good to do.... crossing fingers.  :mellow:

These two things should take less than an hour. I fear if I spend more time than that, that I'll become hooked again and wind up not playing game.  ;D

The ciggies stuff is going well still. None yesterday and none today. I used to have 2-3 in the mornings before I go to work as I have my coffee and I worked my way down to having just one and now recently I've been going the whole morning without having any so that's a pretty good "win" right there. Coffee and smokes go together like ducks and water.  ;D 

Am I only the swinging %$%&$ around here playing Read Dead Redemption II right now, though? I figured someone would pipe up by now, "Oh yeah, I've been playing that too!!!"   But so far just crickets.  :unsure: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

I can't get any enthusiasm for gaming ATM mate.  I started playing Grand Theft Auto on the PS4 and lost interest and then the same happened with Grand Tourismo.  Nothing wrong with the games, just not really bothered with them after the initial interest.
Any spare time I spend modelling.

Food and drink taste better without ciggies.  Stick with it and you'll realise just how good a good coffee can be.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

OK, I had a huge problem this morning that ate up all my time to work on models but I did sit down and "clean up" around where some of the silver paint had gotten sloppy along the edge of the masking tape. They look a LOT better now!!  This is something I forgot about earlier when I mentioned painting. There's also a part on the bottom where some paint came off completely. I'll probably not bother with that but we'll see.

So there's a meager update.

What I really wanted to do was stop and plop this down. Someone in Warthunder made up their Saber in me favorite paint scheme.  ;D

-Sprues McDuck-

Rheged

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 07, 2018, 03:10:48 AM
The ciggies stuff is going well still. None yesterday and none today. I used to have 2-3 in the mornings before I go to work as I have my coffee and I worked my way down to having just one and now recently I've been going the whole morning without having any so that's a pretty good "win" right there. Coffee and smokes go together like ducks and water.  ;D 

Superb!  Keep up the good work, we are all proud of you.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

Thanks, man!!    Even better news to report...   I'm working on the "after a meal" ciggies too and today I've managed to not only NOT have one after lunch but I still haven't a couple hours later. Not too bad. Small steps, I guess. Been up 11 hours and only had 3 ciggies and that's even dealing with a pretty high stress near disaster of a morning.

Speaking of... had a problematic tire go flat this morning in under 60 seconds. Good thing I wasn't driving or anything. I was at the shopping center parked at the time. Any how, I only had $5!!  My airpump wasn't with me because I had to use it recently and forgot to put it back on the truck. So... I had to drive on the flat quite a distance to reach one at a service station. Of course, the bead was off and it wouldn't take air (it hadn't worked right from the day I had it put on, I should have took it back but oh well..). I'm nowhere NEAR my house but there is a tire place 2 blocks away so I drive up there and sit for an hour waiting on them to open. Then I told the guy straight up, "I only have $5 but I need some help.  I have a spare tired but I don't know if it's aired up or not and I have no pump. I just need you to take it and put it on and air it up for me."  Long story short, he straight up just GAVE me a brand new tire, mounted balanced and all and didn't charge me a penny!! Discount Tire...  national chain in the U.S. Blew me away man, over $100 tire. I'll will be going back to them for business for sure.  So uhhh... that's a frustrating situation that had the absolute best possible outcome in the end. I would have had no other choice than to just drive my truck across the entire city on flat and sit and wait until my next check arrives.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Wow! You must have had an angel sitting on your shoulder this morning! All we ever hear about on the news is the bad things that happen but this is great to hear.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

It was something else, alright. I feel completely blessed right now. I should go buy some toilet paper lotto tickets. ;D  Definitely going to throw some business their way.  I've already lauded them on social media with a non-descript "atta-boy" and told everyone how pleased I was with them. Meanwhile, I better get my "stuff" together. I'm sure I have everything I need to swap tires... I have my jack and tire iron and all that but not having that air pump was a bozo-nono.  All tires on the planet aren't much use if I can't air them up.
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 07, 2018, 03:10:48 AM

I want to paint on the navigation lights (two white, one red, one green and their housings and bulbs or whatever) and the landing lights close to the wing roots which will just be a couple of black ovals with lightly painted silver circles inside to simulate the bulbs.

Well... hell, looks like there's a couple more white lights on here I didn't account for but I'm not EXACTLY sure where they are and what they look like. I'll have to look it up I guess like I did the others.  ;D

A quick search found this site.
https://aerosavvy.com/airplane-lights/
Everything you ever wanted to know about a/c lights. Even lights to illuminate the airline logo on the tail.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Yay!! Thank you!  I love stuff like this.  Very well put together, fun to look at and read, and full of invaluable information.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: 
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 07, 2018, 11:37:24 AM
Speaking of... had a problematic tire go flat this morning in under 60 seconds. Good thing I wasn't driving or anything. I was at the shopping center parked at the time. Any how, I only had $5!!  My airpump wasn't with me because I had to use it recently and forgot to put it back on the truck. So... I had to drive on the flat quite a distance to reach one at a service station. Of course, the bead was off and it wouldn't take air (it hadn't worked right from the day I had it put on, I should have took it back but oh well..). I'm nowhere NEAR my house but there is a tire place 2 blocks away so I drive up there and sit for an hour waiting on them to open. Then I told the guy straight up, "I only have $5 but I need some help.  I have a spare tired but I don't know if it's aired up or not and I have no pump. I just need you to take it and put it on and air it up for me."  Long story short, he straight up just GAVE me a brand new tire, mounted balanced and all and didn't charge me a penny!! Discount Tire...  national chain in the U.S. Blew me away man, over $100 tire. I'll will be going back to them for business for sure.  So uhhh... that's a frustrating situation that had the absolute best possible outcome in the end. I would have had no other choice than to just drive my truck across the entire city on flat and sit and wait until my next check arrives.  :thumbsup:

That's a very surprising and also very positive way to end that story.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

This type of thing renews my faith in humanity.  :laugh:    Another factor to all this is that, unlike the last couple of weeks, the weather has finally gone tits-up and is miserable. All the typical Oklahoma wind is back meaning that even a mild "cold" temperature is enough to freeze your damn nuts off and it's only been hovering marginally above freezing. Rain and all type of other nasty is on the way, as well, which would have made the ensuing attempts at rectifying the problem even more miserable.

I think I burned through all my Karma points in one morning........
-Sprues McDuck-