Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Just spent two hours looking for my package of sanding sticks (the expensive kind). These normally sit right behind me and I never move them but they have seemingly disappeared off the face of the Earth. At this point I think they have been knocked from wherever they were to some other place and I just can't find them. This type of things drives me up the wall. I become obsessed and can't move forward. SO. CRAP is closing down until further notice so I can re-arrange and organize my stash and work area. If I'm going to lose hours and hours searching for things, I may as well go for the gusto and make that time productive.

Besides... I need to flush out the pests. Brown Recluse. I'd bet real money a couple are hiding out in all this stuff. Last thing I need is to get bitten by one of them damn things!

So that's that. No more building until I get this place shaped up.
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

Quote from: TheChronicOne on January 09, 2019, 02:30:27 PM
Besides... I need to flush out the pests. Brown Recluse. I'd bet real money a couple are hiding out in all this stuff. Last thing I need is to get bitten by one of them damn things!

Fowl Languaged...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

;D ;D ;D ;D      He looks so happy, too.   :laugh: ;D     :::shivers:::
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

You'd think!!! Here's the juxtaposition of the "fiddle back" though ... as nasty as they can be, they're generally non aggressive so not quite Strayan enough.  ;D

They creep me the hell out.... they have a look about them that gives one chills. Black widow is the same way and... well....  MOST spider I'd say are that way but many of them don't come close to the shivers I get from the recluse!
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Here we go: https://www.spiders.com.au/recluse-spider.html

I love this line: Area of distribution - Brown Recluse Spiders are NOT found in Australia although some have been found in Adelaide.

Like, what? Adelaide isn't part of Australia? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

Is Adelaide a port? That might explain that.

Yeesh.. they used the thing as a repeating background!!!  :o :o  :angry: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Well, it's like saying "New Orleans is a port." Because it is a port city, it doesn't literally mean that New Orleans is nothing but a port.   ;D ;D ;D

Being a port, it would explain why an invasive species would be present.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Even without port for ships, small animals from abroad can be found near an airport, transported in luggage.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 09, 2019, 05:38:30 PM

I love this line: Area of distribution - Brown Recluse Spiders are NOT found in Australia although some have been found in Adelaide.

Like, what? Adelaide isn't part of Australia? :unsure:

I love that. You could read it whichever way you wanted and still start a punch=up with somebody  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

True-Life story from my childhood (not what-if dream):
Red back Spiders are NOT found in Europe although I have found one in France, the day our visitor (coming from Australia) dropped his suitcases in our friends' bedroom... I had the material proof, because I captured it and stored it in formaldehyde container.
Yes, France is in Europe, but suitcases coming from elsewhere come from elsewhere... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

That's the problem with luggage!! It often sits for years or at least months --- perfect setting for creepy crawlies to set up shop.

All this talk makes me want to bug-bomb the house.  ;D

The search for me sandin' sticks continues so after I eat lunch, I'm going to dive on into this Dis-stash-ter and try to organize it and and what not. I have a lot of semi-empty boxes from the last years' worth of projects... loose transfers and stuff. I'll consolidate all that and then I have a slew of boxes I need to cut down. I'll cut out the box tops and any other interesting stuff on the boxes to get it all to flat stock then trash the rest. This will clear out a fair amount of area and one place where the sanding sticks could have fallen is where I keep my old used boxes. I may get lucky and find my sticks right away by starting here.  :thumbsup:

Once that's done I want to get all my beautiful airliners into one place and see if I can store them better than they are now. That will also help tremendously because that's about all I've been buying for the last year... SO... if I can get all that stuff out of the way, it means that anything that I've messed with recently will reveal its secrets. It's a lot less likely them sticks are nestled with stuff that I haven't moved in 2 years.

So... there's a bit of strategy to this project. I hope it pays off. I'd like to find them sticks and get back to building!
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Yay! The long national nightmare is over! The blasted sanding sticks were less than two feet away, sitting in my little C-5 Galaxy box right behind me. As soon as I picked it up I knew!!! Sure enough... there they were!!  In other news... I'm at over 80% with my re-organize and clean up and I've unearthed a more than fair chunk of real-estate and it's looks so much better and I have much more room. I've still a few things to adress and I'll get into that after a wee break but I can get back to building now. Yay!
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Good to hear you were successful! I need to do the same
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Thank you!

Do it, man. If you're anything like me, once you get started and results happen a bit of steam builds up and it gets easier and "funner" to keep going. It seems like work, and is, but I enjoy the results so much that even the task becomes enjoyable. This probably sounds weird to some but it's a bit hard to explain.  ;D   I enjoy being in places that are clean, neat, and orderly. Cluttered is one thing, but I can't abide the rest.
-Sprues McDuck-