Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2019, 10:49:54 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 25, 2019, 09:11:01 AM

Hell, mama has told me a few times that I could my stuff down to the arts and crafts fair thing we have down here once a year or whatever. If it's artsy craftsy type stuff, it pretty much doesn't matter what the hell it is. I've no clue the category structure or how they judge things but ... there ya have it....

I had a few of my Whiff models in a local arts & crafts shop display for a while, and they created quite a bit of interest apparently. The late Mrs_PR19 knew the owner quite well and she'd mentioned my crazy hobby, and the owner suggested they could be 'of interest' to her community.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.  ;D

Ha!!! That's awesome. That's what I like to hear. It's nice to get them builds out into the public for others to enjoy!

Oddly enough, one of my long term projects has that as the end goal. I'm building it and when I'm done I'm going to give it to a shop owner to put in his case. The subject matter directly correlates to the shop so I'd being doing us both a favor...  (he has new crap in the display case to gather interest, and I don't have to store it!)
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 25, 2019, 01:10:48 PM
I've recently discovered that I'm not as observant as I think I am and miss things around here all the time.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;D     Another "oh well, whatta ya gonna do things." 

Yeah, I resemble that remark myownself...  :-\ ;)

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 25, 2019, 01:10:48 PM
Dare I say that the person that catches everything and misses nothing needs to find a hobby........

They do - as JMNs... ;D

TheChronicOne

JMNs are only good for one thing; when you want to work out some aggression!!!!!!  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 26, 2019, 07:05:47 AM
JMNs are only good for one thing; when you want to work out some aggression!!!!!!  :wacko:

But, like Slinky Springs, it's a lot of fun to push them down the stairs...

TheChronicOne

Hell yeah, I like to watch them tumble. I couldn't imagine being such a miserable person.

What's worse are the strange subset that complain about the accuracy of FICTIONAL stuff. JMNs in the midst of whiffers and what not... I've seen it happen multiple times at this point and it baffles the mind. Like... how dare my fake stuff not be accurate!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 26, 2019, 11:58:23 AM

Like... how dare my fake stuff not be accurate!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's PERFECTLY accurate. You are, after all THE expert on that particular aircraft/car/ship/tank/spaceship etc. and you KNOW that it's correct.  ;D

There was one guy at the Cheshire Show on Sunday who walked past, looked sideways at my 777-900, and realised that there was a descriptive panel by it, so he bent down and read it. Half way through he stood up, shook his head and turned to walk away, at which point I burst into laughter!  ;D

He looked back at me with a look that said 'Why are you laughing at me?'  :-\

RESULT!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Ahh man, you made my day with that one!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D :wub:    🔥👌👏👏👏👏
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Oh hey!!! Saw this just now out on the Facebook....    We were JUST talking about this a day ago. Proof of concept!

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

What?  :o

'.....since I built one that small and boy do some of the parts get difficult at that scale.'

He should try 1/72 or, perish the thought. 1/144!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

That's the FIRST thing I said, "That small?!"   ;D ;D       I just had to glue 1/144 yokes to 1/144 sticks I ain't trying to hear about no 1/60 scale being small!!!!   :o ;D ;D ;D

That's an interesting scale, however... smack dab in the middle of 1/48 and 1/72. I don't imagine it would be popular in plastic.

Lastly, this may be indicative of a trend I've noticed "taking off" more and more recently. That is.... "large kits."   Seems now everyone is trying to outdo the next by making/building larger and larger scales. These people will become spoiled! On the flip side, the ability to actually work in 1/72/ 1/144 etc will suddenly become all that more impressive perhaps.

-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 27, 2019, 07:59:48 AM
Lastly, this may be indicative of a trend I've noticed "taking off" more and more recently. That is.... "large kits."   Seems now everyone is trying to outdo the next by making/building larger and larger scales. These people will become spoiled! On the flip side, the ability to actually work in 1/72/ 1/144 etc will suddenly become all that more impressive perhaps.

Maybe Tamiya will scale up their Douglas Ford (F4D) to 1/32 or 1/24
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

I'd like to have one, if they did, for some sweet, sweet Scale-o'-Rama action!  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on February 27, 2019, 08:16:33 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 27, 2019, 07:59:48 AM

Maybe Tamiya will scale up their Douglas Ford (F4D) to 1/32 or 1/24

Given you can now get them in 1/32 injection kit i'm almost expecting Airfix to announce a 1/24 Lancaster...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Neglected to log the stuff I managed to do yesterday! I was working on the gunship and the AT-28D. 

Painted the props on the gunship. They look nice!  Cleaned up the seams on the engines and tried them out on the wing. MORE terrible garbage fitment!!!!!  :banghead: For a kit that LOOKS so so nice, this thing fits together like arse. That's not the only thing. The cargo door was easily 1.5 mm wider than the hole it sits in. I swear, it seems like they weren't even molding parts for the same kit or something. There's also a huge 2mm gap between the wing and fuselage. No way around it... if I had moved the piece the other direction it would have thrown the whole wing out of whack. Not a whole lot left for actually assembly now but a whole ton of PSR lies ahead. Plans today are to get the spinners all cleaned up, primed, painted, and cleared and work on the seams on the fuselage.  :wacko:

On the Nomad, I started painting the cockpit tub thing. Trying to actually do a good job this time rather than just basic detail. Looks pretty decent so far! I still have to get the control panels going. Started painting the ejection seat the other day but didn't finish. I wanted to get the larger parts painted first, now I'll go back in and paint all the smaller details.

Got all them 1/48  kits boxed up but ran out of tape.  :o ;D    Can't close up the box but at least everything is in there. Glad to have that project almost finished because it keeps stealing time away from funner activities.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Starting to knock these "house-projects" out that I've been doing and I've finally sat down to 'model' for awhile, guilt-free!

Lately, I've gotten quite a bit done on the gunship.  The blue props are done, then I had to glue in supports for the cargo door to sit on (would possibly disappear inside if I didn't, who needs that...  ):

:lol:

I'm still having fun with this one but I have to admit that it has diminished just a wee bit.  ;D  This thing is replete shithouse fitment the likes I've not been accosted with in quite some time. I've been bitching and whinging about it, so go check it out in the 'current builds - aircraft' forum if you're interested in all that. It's actually been proving to be one hell of an interesting build and even with the hiccups, I'm still in love with the idea as much as when I began.  :thumbsup:

I've also been putting in a lot of work on the AT-28D! Lots of painting. All the gear doors are done, I just need to clear them for protection. Today I finished painting 98% of the actual gear; I just need to go back in with my silvery paint for a couple things. I've also been painting on the cockpit stuff again, trying my best to keep with my reference photos.

Sloppy, I know, but it should work out just fine!  :wub: :wub: :lol: :lol:   
-Sprues McDuck-