Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)

Started by TheChronicOne, September 20, 2016, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

The difference is, I think, in that a bulk buyer will use all or most of what they have bought before buying more.  A hoarder on the other hand will either never use what they have bought or, upon using up one of the items they have purchased in bulk, buy in bulk again.
My sister in-law's mother was a hoarder and when we cleared her house we found it was full of bulk boxes of household items (soap, toilet paper, tinned food etc) with just one item removed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

I have the unfortunate problem with a fortunate end game: not having much of either money or free space.   ;D  Coincidentally, another "not having much money" attraction is that things are cheaper this way. Broke on the front end, but a couple months from now NOT having to spend the money again will be quite luxurious!

I'm all about being lazy and saving money. My motivations, right there.  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kerick

Necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the father!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Hey Brad C.  I was watching The Orville and thought of you (if you've seen S02E11 you'll understand why).
How's the smoking going?
Fred

TheChronicOne

Yeah!! That was so funny! I LOVE the Moclans. Bortus and Klyden crack me up.

Man... I'm STUCK. I'm the same spot I was last update. I've managed to reduce but not quit. I'm happy about that, of course, though! Right now, I'm at 2 pack a week or less. This is harder than I had anticipated!  ;D  I'm going to ask the doctor what he thinks about it all at my next appointment and I might just call in professional help.

On that note... I heard an interesting statistic just a couple days ago. It said, that on average, people attempt quitting 30 freakin' times before success. I'm on number 1.  :rolleyes:   

In other interesting, slightly related news.... We legalized medical marijuana here recently and the other day I went and did all the malarkey to get my card so I can start purchasing legal weed. It's easier not to smoke ciggies with lots of weed around, so maybe this will help! Either way, I should have my card within a couple weeks so that'll be fun.  ;D

Last but not least... I haven't worked on anything in quite some time now. 8-9 days. Too busy! While the weather isn't killing me, I'm using all hours I can outside doing paying work and also working in my own yard on everything from my junky lawn equipment to the actual lawn itself. Not sure when I'll get back to it but shouldn't be too much longer. I should be "caught up" at some point this weekend. Back to the helo at that point and I'll use it to ease back into the rotation and then see later what other projects I feel like working on. 737, perhaps.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

You're doing well mate.  You just got to keep on giving up.  Don't be afraid to ask for help.

I love the Marlboro Moclan.

Legal weed is intriguing.  I've got no objection to it being legalised as IMO alcohol is a worse drug.  There does however need to be some way developed of ensuring users don't drive under the influence.  The current roadside test used here only detects if it is in the system.  One could smoke a joint, sleep it off and still fail a test 24 hours later when while it is still detectable in ones system it isn't significantly affecting one.
If it was legalised I wouldn't use it like I used to (not if I wanted to get anything done) but it might be nice to knock the corners off life every once in a while.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud!! To "celebrate" I decided not to smoke any yesterday and I made it. So... let's see here... no ciggies in the last 31 hours. I have a couple tricks up my sleeve yet but, indeed, if I can't make any more progress by my appointment, I'm going to ask Dr. how I should proceed.

I wish they would just outlaw the damn things. Hands down the most prevailent health crisis in America. We'll finally outlaw trans fat but not ciggies because "big tobacco" is like "big oil" they can just buy the gov't.

Lastly, I've found a vape flavor that I really like. It's a watermellom gum type flavor and it's quite delectable. Maybe this will help some.  ;D

No modelling plans today. I have one paying yard scheduled after trash duty then I need to start working on mine. I still haven't gotten the riding lawn mower going yet, either, so that needs to happen. I don't care to be mush mowing this huge yard. Anyway... I need to buy a replacement starter to put on it.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

That was my problem giving up - they were so easy to get hold of.
I also worked with a lot of smokers who were more than happy to help me fail.
Maybe not completely outlaw them (although i'd back that) but just only allow their sale from licensed outlets and then only to registered users.
Fred

NARSES2

I'm one of the few people of my generation who's never smoked and interestingly when I was going out with a young lady they found the amount they smoked dropped a heck of a lot. Janet my ex got to the point of in all practicalities given up.

I inadvertently helped quite a few people seriously cut down on the evil weed  ;D. Back in the 60's/70's it was such a social thing and when out people would "offer" their packet around and people would take one. A bit like buying a round. All changed now though. People smoking has never ever bothered me though.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2019, 03:35:15 AM

I'm one of the few people of my generation who's never smoked......

You and me both, not even one drag, ever. But then I was always aware of my asthma triggering off at the slightest hint, so maybe that stopped me.

Mrs_PR19 used to smoke quite a lot, until we rushed her into hospital with serious breathing problems in the late-1990s, and the medics told her she should stop smoking, and she did. Just like that!  :o

I was so impressed with her will power on that occasion, she phoned me and told me where all the packets were in the house and said to throw them all away, which I did.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 30, 2019, 06:58:15 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2019, 03:35:15 AM

I'm one of the few people of my generation who's never smoked......

You and me both, not even one drag, ever.

Me too. I never wanted to, and as a student I couldn't afford to start  even if I had wanted to. I had to put diesel in the Landrover I owned a half share of,  colour slide film in a camera, and port and lemons into my then girlfriend.   No cash left after that! Neither of my sons, nor Madame R smoke.(But like me she does enjoy an occasional measure of a good single malt)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Good on you gents.  I wish i'd never taken it up.
Fred

kerick

Tried a cigar once. Not terrible but I never caught on to it. Probably better off.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise